Personal Backend

Ryno Adlam

Nov 5, 2015, 9:41:03 AM11/5/15
to Android Bootstrap
Good Day,

I just want to say Donn Felker you have done a great job I have been running through the code line by line.
I like the way you have implemented this.

I was wondering if you have an implementation witch uses a custom backend(Personal Server)? If not, why do you prefer to use Parse as your backend ?
I have used Parse and yes it offers a lot but most of the time companies do not want to use 3rd party backend for authentication.

I have written an android app or two that utilizes GCM Google Cloud Messaging with my personal servers as backend. It works very good but it does not feel as good as the android bootstraps UI.

Kind Regards,
Ryno Adlam

Donn Felker

Nov 5, 2015, 1:52:55 PM11/5/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I use parse as the example just to show people how to connect to an API. That is the only reason for parse. Most apps usually rip that part out and replace it with their own servers/etc.

Thanks for commenting.

Donn Felker
Android GDE
Best Selling Mobile Author