Overview of parse.com code?

drmikecrowe

Sep 26, 2012, 2:06:55 PM9/26/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don,

This will be great!  I was about to integrate all these components, and found your project.  Very nice platform.

Had a question about the Parse.com, which is the only this I do not need.  Can you briefly describe where Parse.com fits into the project (I'm just getting my feet wet with Android)?  I wanted to try and understand it a bit better so I could remove that.

Mike

Donn Felker

Sep 26, 2012, 3:13:40 PM9/26/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The parse.com code is simply in place so that we have a REAL API to connect to demonstrate how the HTTP components, image downloading, etc work. You can remove the Parse.com stuff. Its only there as an example.

Donn Felker

Sep 26, 2012, 3:16:09 PM9/26/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Donn Felker

Sep 26, 2012, 3:16:55 PM9/26/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Doh. Wrong thread. Never mind the issue submission. Thats for another thread.

drmikecrowe

Sep 26, 2012, 5:48:22 PM9/26/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Donn,

I was more asking which sections of code had those features.  Is it one/two files?

Mike

Donn Felker

Sep 27, 2012, 11:18:37 AM9/27/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Donn Felker

Sep 27, 2012, 11:19:26 AM9/27/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Long story short, comment out the PARSE url and PARSE api key constants, recompile and you'll see everywhere those values are referenced.

Cheers

John Frey

Jan 8, 2013, 3:09:14 PM1/8/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com, do...@donnfelker.com
Hey Don,

Great project! Could you explain how you created the schema on Parse.com? I'd like to try switching the credentials over to my own Parse.com account and API key so I can start to play with modifying features but I need a schema to start with on the back end.

I just signed up with Parse.com so I'm not that familiar with how to set up the classes, objects, relationships, etc.

Thanks!

Donn Felker

Jan 8, 2013, 3:23:49 PM1/8/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
John,
I just performed a data extract from Parse. Here's the dump:

Cheers,

Donn

Diego Andrade Catta Preta

Mar 11, 2014, 6:27:58 PM3/11/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com, do...@donnfelker.com
Hi Donn,
Do you have this export available for download in any space ?
thanks and congrats

Hashim Lokasher

May 30, 2014, 6:37:11 PM5/30/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com