unable to connect to server (in filezilla)

safer

Oct 24, 2012, 12:17:13 AM10/24/12
to AndreasLiebig
Hello,

I'm writing you in hopes to get a bit of help regarding your program
as I've heard lots of great things about it. I'm pretty computer
literate, and the program seems simple enough, however for some reason
I am unable to even connect to my tablet(tf700) from my pc.
The message I get from Filezilla is
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

both the tablet and pc are on the same wifi network, the option is
checked to allow that network to connect, I've tried connecting to
anonymous ftp servers from my pc and it works. I've tried changing to
different user names/passwords/port numbers (making sure it matches on
both tablet and pc) but nothing seems to work and I am feeling at a
loss as to what the problem could be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andreas Liebig

Oct 24, 2012, 1:45:13 AM10/24/12
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
have you checked the output right on top of the FTPServer? It tells
you the exact ip and port to use.
Also, when you try to connect, is there any output in output in the FTPServer?
If there is, then this could be helpful for solving the problem.

If you use the correct IP and port, and there is NO output at all on
the FTPServer,
then I fear I cannot help much, then I guess it is a problem not
related to the FTPServer.

Let me know if there is more information available.

Br,
Andreas

jc...@live.com

Oct 28, 2012, 12:53:18 AM10/28/12
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com, hussa...@gmail.com
I have the same issue using Filezilla on OSX Lion. I used the IP/Port displayed on the top of FTPServer GUI to configure my Filezilla client setting. The server shows 1 session right after I tried to connect. But the right half of Filezilla (the remote directories) showed blank the whole time. About 10 seconds later, the server showed zero session again.

I've tried a few times, same result every time.

jc...@live.com

Oct 28, 2012, 1:33:02 AM10/28/12
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com, hussa...@gmail.com, jc...@live.com

Tried SFTP command in OSX Terminal window, as well as Filezilla on Windows 7, both no go. The Filezilla message output shows connection timed out. Increasing timeout from 20 sec to 200 sec did not help. In all of the test cases, I have never even been prompted to allow the connection from the destination server on the FTP clients. I think this is more likely server problem rather than client problem.

jc...@live.com

Oct 28, 2012, 1:48:27 AM10/28/12
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com, hussa...@gmail.com, jc...@live.com
just realized my problem. For some reason, I assumed it's SFTP when the server app only supports FTP. Changing the setting in Filezilla to use FTP instead of SFTP solved the problem.

anis....@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2014, 2:03:41 AM2/18/14
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com, hussa...@gmail.com

anis....@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2014, 2:05:55 AM2/18/14
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com, hussa...@gmail.com

Hello,

I'm writing you in hopes to get a bit of help regarding your program
as I've heard lots of great things about it. I'm pretty computer
literate, and the program seems simple enough, however for some reason
I am unable to even connect to my tablet(tf700) from my pc.
The message I get from Filezilla is

Error:    Connection timed out
Error:    Could not connect to server

both the tablet and pc are on the same wifi network, the option is
checked to allow that network to connect, I've tried connecting to
anonymous ftp servers from my pc and it works. I've tried changing to
different user names/passwords/port numbers (making sure it matches on
both tablet and pc) but nothing seems to work and I am feeling at a
loss as to what the problem could be. FileZilla Client
----------------

Version:          3.7.4.1

Build information:
  Compiled for:   i586-pc-mingw32msvc
  Compiled on:    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Build date:     2014-02-11
  Compiled with:  i586-mingw32msvc-gcc (GCC) 4.2.1-sjlj (mingw32-2)
  Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -g -fexceptions

Linked against:
  wxWidgets:      2.8.12
  GnuTLS:         3.1.11
  SQLite:         3.7.16.2

Operating system:
  Name:           Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1)
  Version:        6.1
  Platform:       32 bit system

Andreas Liebig

Feb 18, 2014, 3:43:37 AM2/18/14
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com

Hello.

Please provide the FTPServer log so I can look into it.

Br,
Andreas