Exception occured: EADDRINUSE

dele...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2014, 2:41:50 PM7/26/14
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have installed your very good and very convenient FTP server on my Asus tablet, I have been able to use it to upload a file, but then I stopped it and now every time I want to start it I get

Exception occured. Terminating service: java.net.BindException: bind failed: EADDRINUSE (Address already in use)

dele...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2014, 2:45:25 PM7/26/14
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com, dele...@gmail.com
Sorry, I sent the message too soon, I wasn't finished:

Exception occured. Terminating service: java.net.BindException: bind failed: EADDRINUSE (Address already in use)
  at libcore.io.IoBridge.bind(IoBrige.java:89)
  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:150)
etc.

Is it a known problem? Have I done something wrong? I have used FTPServer on another device without a hitch.

FYI the Asus tablet runs Kit-kat 4.4.2

Thanks for any help!

Andreas Liebig

Jul 27, 2014, 7:10:02 AM7/27/14
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Sounds like something is still using that port.

Can you please restart your device and see if that solves the issue?

Thank you.

Andreas

Fabrice Delente

Jul 27, 2014, 7:52:45 AM7/27/14
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com
I had tried putting the server on port 2223 instead of 2222, but still
got the same error.

Today it started correctly even without rebooting the machine, I'll
make some more tests this afternoon if the problem reappears.

Thanks for your time!