Example SNAP:DRGN RDF Fragments

Gabriel Bodard

Sep 5, 2014, 9:15:31 AM9/5/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
I've uploaded a few hand-crafted examples of SNAP:DRGN RDF, as created
by way of illustration for a couple of our data partners, and
described the process a little on the SNAP blog at:
http://snapdrgn.net/archives/271

My hope is that this will be useful for others trying to transform a
subset of their data into RDF for contribution to the SNAP graph, and
we'll try to add more examples to this page as we go forward. If
anyone else has examples, or has a prosopographical dataset/person
authority list they like to mock up in SNAP format with us, please
give us a shout.

Cheers,

Gabby

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
Researcher in Digital Epigraphy

Digital Humanities
King's College London
Boris Karloff Building
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL

Email: gabriel...@kcl.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 1388
Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980

http://www.digitalclassicist.org/
http://www.currentepigraphy.org/

Ethan Gruber

Sep 5, 2014, 9:30:33 AM9/5/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
Is the lawd ontology being used in any other projects? There are some classes and properties here that I think would be really useful in nomisma and/or kerameikos, especially with respect to attestation. We currently use dcterms:source to link a catalog entry (whether a hoard from a hoard inventory or a Roman Republican moneyer to Crawford's Roman Republican Coinage) to its source bibliographic resource. The attestation model in lawd is a bit more granular, and I think I should raise this issue with the nomisma steering committee.

Ethan

Simon Rainer

Sep 5, 2014, 9:39:09 AM9/5/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ethan,

I'm trying to align Pelagios as much as possible with SNAP, also in terms of the attestation model for gazetteer records. Here's an example

https://github.com/pelagios/pelagios-cookbook/wiki/Pelagios-Gazetteer-Interconnection-Format

The use is slightly different I guess (not separating out the citation into a separate resource). Feedback appreciated!

Cheers,
Rainer

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Gabriel Bodard <gabrie...@gmail.com<mailto:gabrie...@gmail.com>> wrote:
[...]

Email: gabriel...@kcl.ac.uk<mailto:gabriel...@kcl.ac.uk>
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 1388<tel:%2B44%20%280%2920%207848%201388>
Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980<tel:%2B44%20%280%2920%207848%202980>

http://www.digitalclassicist.org/
http://www.currentepigraphy.org/

Sebastian Heath

Sep 5, 2014, 9:43:50 AM9/5/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
This is just a very quick response to say that I too like LAWD and do
expect to "soon" be publishing RDF that includes LAWD triples. As part
of my work at Kenchreai in Greece.

-Sebastian
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ancient-peopl...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ancient-people/2D09B038956DDF42A3672CB8CB406A5C1D3B7303%40S0MSMAIL111.arc.local.

Ethan Gruber

Sep 5, 2014, 9:47:02 AM9/5/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
Q: there's a lawd:Person, but what about lawd:Family (or lawd:Dynasty) or lawd:Organization? I don't know if you want to create new classes where ones exist in FOAF or CRM. But I do think it's pretty useful to bind people by familial relationships and by other organizations, like workshops.

Hugh Cayless

Sep 5, 2014, 10:19:41 AM9/5/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
I've been thinking about ways to address groups, as that's certainly a requirement. My first step would probably be to define something like lawd:CorporateBody and then see if there's any need to get more granular than that. What do you all think?

Hugh