SNAP at DH2014

Lawrence, Faith

Jul 8, 2014, 1:28:49 PM7/8/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I am emailing you from Digital Humanities 2014 in (vary, very rainy)
Switzerland. We have just finished a successful one day workshop which we
ran in conjunction with Sue Purdue and John Bradley.

I have posted a brief note to the SNAP blog
(http://snapdrgn.net/archives/237) showing the range of datasets that were
represented at the workshop. It was very cool both to see a number of
ancient projects in attendance (and taking advantage of the opportunity to
have a get together) but also to see the breadth and range of projects
that were interested in discussing sharing and linking prosopographical
data.

Attendees were encouraged to join both this group and
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/shard-prosopographies (for more
general discussion - you have to request an invite to join but it is
otherwise open) and it is hoped that the conversations will continue in
both these places.

Best,

Faith

Gabriel BODARD

Jul 21, 2014, 1:03:05 PM7/21/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Faith. I also added a post to the blog with our SNAP:DRGN poster from the DH conference.

The conference was really useful: not only did we meet some potential new collaborators during the "ontologies for prosopography" workshop, but a couple of people came up to me during the poster session with new data they wanted to try out in SNAP. We'll keep you posted as that gets added.

(Speaking of which: if you're a potential data contributor to SNAP and we haven't been in touch yet or you'd like any advice on getting your data into RDF, please do give us a shout.)

Cheers,

Gabby