Front & Backend Developer (NodeJS) wanted!

Konnektid

Aug 12, 2013, 10:35:19 AM8/12/13
to amster...@googlegroups.com

Software Engineer - NodeJS Developer

About us:

Konnektid is a startup in the Sharing Economy (check out Rachel Botsman’s TED talk if you are not familiar with Sharing Economy or Collaborative Consumption). We enable local skill sharing by asking people what they want to learn and what they can teach others: Connect, Share & Inspire. Above all, we believe work should be fun and exciting. That is why we try to build a smart and innovative tool. We love creativity and working in an informal and personal team with a lot of room for your own ideas and initiatives. We love great results and an exciting process. We love working during daytime but also when it gets dark outside. Amsterdam is our (current) hometown, because it is a vibrant and energetic city. After all work is done, we like to take good care of ourselves by going out, having fun and eating good food.

The Konnektid Team is constituted by Michel Visser — a pretty good actor and very skilled entrepreneur — who founded Konnektid in Autumn 2011; and by Simone Potenza — a nice Italian guy (yes he is a guy, not a girl) — who loves food and cooking for his friends, and more than that loves technology and experimenting with new solutions in Konnektid as a developer. This is the guy you will work with. Besides that, we have some amazing Community Managers who you will get to meet!

About you:

The Sharing Economy, or peer-to-peer skill sharing, is a new and exciting concept.  It means that you love working at a startup (something completely different than working at a company!) and to design the future. You are are a strong web application developer well versed in software engineering principles. You love writing secure and responsive applications in an environment that values continuous delivery, highly maintainable code, and NODEJS. You understand Model View Controller paradigm, and you are familiar with no sql databases. We love to use the newest technologies.

If you are ready for an adventure, come and join our team in Amsterdam!

About the job:

Your input is not only appreciated, but even expected as a constructive contribution to further enhance our development approach. Developers are writers, and should strive to help non developers understand the beauty of the code that they write. That’s why we believe that commenting on code and making it attractive also makes it maintainable, and lets those who are not a developer easily read it.

From October, we will move to our new office at the Westerpark in Amsterdam. Our office will be part of The Hub Amsterdam — an inspiring and cool coworking space. There, we’ll have our own space but can use all the facilities of the Hub. Within Konnektid, there is a lot of space for learning and development. We will give you a lot of responsibility and we hope you will not be afraid of failure and learn. Fail and learn. Iteration and quick learning. That’s what we believe in.

Here at Konnektid we work with very short release cycles. You often see the impact of your work immediately. You can truly make a difference every day!

It’s all about:

JavaScript, HTML5, CSS, NoSQL, git, SCRUM, jQuery Mobile and AngularJS, DOM, closures, unit testing and Single Page Application

Vitali Kiruta

Aug 12, 2013, 11:18:57 AM8/12/13
to amster...@googlegroups.com
What is your business model?