teaching more people to program

Alper Çuğun

Mar 26, 2013, 3:32:57 PM3/26/13
to amster...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I want to organize something to help more people in the Amsterdam area / Netherlands to learn how to program. You might have seen this important initiative: http://www.code.org/

I occasionally give some programming lessons to absolute beginners already and I was thinking of organizing an event in Amsterdam but it's too big to do by myself (and I spend most of my time in Berlin now). I am involved with Hack de Overheid and we would definitely support it and we're already thinking of ways to push this into schools. There are tons of material and immaterial benefits to teaching more people how to program.

Here in Berlin I help out with Open Tech School ( http://www.opentechschool.org/ ) which is a lot of fun and reaches quite some people. They're an open (source) organization which means, we could fork it to Amsterdam.

I'd like to hear if you're interested in something like that or what your thoughts are. If there's enough interest, I think we could kick something off.

Best,
Alper