Hacking Proposal tent.io implementation in Clojure

Vijay Kiran

Jan 10, 2013, 7:33:15 AM1/10/13
to amsterdam-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As we discussed in the last night's meting - here's the proposal for hacking on a tent.io implementation using Clojure. The working name for this project is 'tipi'[1]

For those who didn't attend yesterday - the idea is to implement two clojure applications for using Tent [2]. Tent is a protocol for distributed social network - (as in distributed twitter). The protocol spec details server-to-server communication as well as server-to-application communication which happens over HTTP(s). The documentation on [2] explains it in detail.

The two parts of the solution are -

 * tipid - tipi server daemon.
 * tipi - the web application for the "end user".

You might be interested in existing implementation of tent protocol in Ruby here:

The technology proposal is to use Clojure and ClojureScript (for the "tipi" webapp). The database is going to be Postgresql initially, so that we can focus on learning Clojure(Script). We can later try to add other datasources as we see fit. The primary platform for now is Heroku.

Over this weekend, I'll cleanup my hacky code that I've so far, to save us some startup time.

It would be nice if someone can add me (and the interested members) to https://github.com/ams-clj group so we can put the project(s) there.

Let me know if you have any comments/questions - See you next time at the meetup!

Cheers,
@vijaykiran

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipi - which is a "tent"

Hubert Iwaniuk

Jan 10, 2013, 7:50:12 AM1/10/13
to amsterdam-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vijay,

You have permissions to github.com/ams-clj

Cheers,
Hubert.

Vijay Kiran

Jan 10, 2013, 11:25:16 AM1/10/13