Crash with no error message

bcr...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2015, 9:30:14 AM10/10/15
to AMPL Modeling Language
I'm running a pretty large model and dataset, and when try to execute solve, the system freezes and nothing on my screen is clickable.

The model and dataset load in fine. After entering the solve command, it doesn't even display the solver name (in this case CPLEX).

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Brett

Robert Fourer

Oct 10, 2015, 10:57:58 AM10/10/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
It might be taking a long time for AMPL to generate all of the constraints; this is not common, but of course it can happen if the generated problem is large or complex enough. To get a better idea of what is going on, add these statements before the solve:

option times 1, gentimes 1;
option show_stats 1;

Wait half an hour after the solve, just to be sure nothing more is going to happen, and then post the output that you see.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com