Formulation of variable dependent outage scenarios

GONZALO ANDRES Ramirez

Apr 20, 2016, 6:55:48 PM4/20/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
Dear all,

I'm currentl starting to model resource adequacy for power systems, which basically is minimizing the cost of investment and operation of a system, meeting demand on every period of the exercise without time bounding variables (such as storage, or any inventory) for the moment.

The problem comes when I want tomodel the possible outages for a given period. lets say I can invest in 3 assets (1,2,3) and given the amount of assets that I invest into i will define the outage scenarios.

For example invest 1 and 2->Out scenarios for each period will be 00 01 10 11
if I invest in 1 outage scenarios will be 0 and 1.

How could I approach this type of modeling without performing decomposition approaches (such as benders which fixes the decision variables, hence I know beforehand the formulation of the outage scenarios).

Best regards!

Robert Fourer

Apr 22, 2016, 9:44:40 AM4/22/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
I think more detail would be needed in order to provide some help with this question. This seems like more of a general formulation question than specifically an AMPL question, however, and so you may want to post it instead or OR Exchange <www.or-exchange.com>.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======