Why no Localsolver 6.5 ?

esh...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2016, 9:20:29 AM12/2/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hello Mr. Fourer/ Mr. Nguyen,

I am just enquiring regarding the availability of Localsolver 6.5. Innovation24 released this around June/July but I still see version 5.5 being distributed.
Is there a specific reason for this? I am a bit baffled as I see the CPLEX, GUROBI and XPRESS solvers are at the current major release version - but Localsolver has been "stagnant" for quite some time.
If there are no plans to release a solver that uses the v6.5 callable library, can I at least request the source code to be able to build it, myself? VC++ or GNU C++ : either would suffice.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards
Eric

Robert Fourer

Dec 4, 2016, 2:32:09 PM12/4/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
We do plan to update to a current version of LocalSolver for AMPL in the coming year. You can find the AMPL interface source code for LocalSolver 5.5 at https://github.com/ampl/mp/tree/master/solvers/localsolver, but I should caution that this is not guaranteed to work with version 6.5.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

babi....@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2017, 12:14:48 PM2/3/17
to AMPL Modeling Language, 4...@ampl.com
Hello Mr. Fourer,

I am trying to use LocalSolver and AMPL together. Is the only way to do it as it is described on this repository on GitHub?
Because as the version 5.5 has integration with AMPL, should this integration be easier, isn't it?
I have the full version of both of them, but it is being difficult to integrate them.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Barbara.

Robert Fourer

Feb 6, 2017, 10:15:10 AM2/6/17
to am...@googlegroups.com
Read-to-run versions of LocalSolver 5.5 for AMPL are already included in the standard AMPL distributions available at http://ampl.com/try-ampl/download-a-free-demo/ or (if you have an account) by download from http://www.ampl.com/dl/ampl-download.html. Specify "option solver locsol;" to tell AMPL to send you problem to LocalSolver.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======