NEOS command syntax error - CPLEX

Fei Xie

Oct 13, 2017, 12:01:01 PM10/13/17
to AMPL Modeling Language
Dear AMPL users,

I start to learn how to use NEOS for running model files with the CPLEX solver. However, I keep having syntax error for commands. Here is what my run file contains:

option solver cplex;
option cplex_options 'integrality=1e-8 mipdisplay=2 mipinterval=200 timing 1 ';
option show_stats 1;
solve;

The error message I received is something like:

Incorrect usage. Correct command syntax is:
   cplex
or
   cplex -f <commandfile>
or
   cplex -c "<command1>" "<command2>" ...
Exiting
Error at _cmdno 10 executing "solve" command
(file amplin, line 6320, offset 235633):
can't open /var/lib/condor/execute/dir_693163/neos-693177/at693179.sol
:
40746 variables:
	7284 binary variables
	33462 linear variables
52178 constraints, all linear; 183935 nonzeros
	144 equality constraints
	52034 inequality constraints
1 linear objective; 3024 nonzeros.

 Error (2) in /opt/ampl/ampl -R amplin

I followed the NEOS's instruction to format the data and model files. I have attached a classical example in the AMPL book to this email, and the problem still persists. Therefore, I think the problem should be at my run files.  Could you help to identify which part is wrong? Thanks.

Best wishes,

Fei
diet.dat
diet.mod
run_file.run

Fei Xie

Oct 13, 2017, 2:43:49 PM10/13/17
to AMPL Modeling Language
The problem is resolved. The NEOS supporting team contacted me and gave me the solution. I only need to delete "option solver cplex;" statement. :)

Fei