Polygons in AMPL

Jeff Snider

Jul 20, 2016, 5:04:48 PM7/20/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
I want to write a model that positions polygons (translate and rotate) using basically a spring model with other constraints.  One obvious constraint is that the polygons should not overlap.

I do not want to write a lot of ampl code to rotate and position polygons and measure how much overlap there is in an arbitrary layout.  It seems this sort of thing must have been done before, but I cannot find examples.

Does anyone know of a "polygon library" for ampl?

 -Jeff

Robert Fourer

Jul 25, 2016, 5:44:03 PM7/25/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
I am not aware of any AMPL library for this purpose.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======