Solve a simple NLP with AMPL+IPOPT ?

Guori Huang

Jul 11, 2016, 10:31:20 AM7/11/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
I want to solve a simple NLP with AMPL+IPOPT, but I faced some problems that I can't get a solution. However, I haven't debug it yet. Somebody could help me debug it?
Thank you very much!!!
Attachment is my program.
TestGas.zip

AMPL Optimization

Jul 13, 2016, 3:50:47 PM7/13/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
We tried using Ipopt to solve your problem, but it appeared to be unable to converge to a solution. You could try sending your example to the managers of the Ipopt project at COIN-OR (http://www.coin-or.org/projects/Ipopt.xml). Other nonlinear solvers might also do better, but mainly they are not free like Ipopt (although you can get a 30-day trial just to make some comparisons -- see http://ampl.com/try-ampl/request-a-full-trial/).

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======