Problem with AMPL IDE with new Mac OS "High Sierra"

simon_onair

Oct 4, 2017, 3:40:53 AM10/4/17
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hello,

since the update to the new macOS version "High Sierra" (https://www.apple.com/macos/high-sierra/) I have problems with AMPL IDE.

The problem is that I am not able to click on any item in the status bar at the top (File, Edit, Window, Help). All possible actions are in a light grey color and cannot be selected. (see screenshot).

Is there already a solution for that problem?
Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-04 um 09.37.40.png

AMPL Support

Oct 5, 2017, 11:31:11 AM10/5/17
to am...@googlegroups.com
You are the first to report this, but we have found that it is a problem more general than the AMPL IDE; it has apparently been reported in a bug forum for the Eclipse platform which underlies our IDE implementation. We are working now to get a fix out.

AMPL Support Services
sup...@ampl.com

=======

ptiwari

Oct 5, 2017, 10:24:28 PM10/5/17
to AMPL Modeling Language
We haven't tested IDE in High Sierra. We have tested IDE for Sierra. Can you download the latest version of IDE at http://bit.ly/2xWMdTQ and check if you have the same problem?

Thanks,
Paras

simon_onair

Oct 6, 2017, 4:46:44 AM10/6/17
to AMPL Modeling Language
I have downloaded the latest version from: http://ampl.com/products/ide/#MacOSX (V. 3.1.1) and still have the problem.

Thanks for the feedback! I hope you can fix it soon :)
----

AMPL Support

Oct 6, 2017, 8:53:05 AM10/6/17
to am...@googlegroups.com
Please try the download at http://bit.ly/2xWMdTQ. It is a beta release of AMPL IDE version 3.5; we think it may not have the problem you are seeing with version 3.1.1.

AMPL Support Services
sup...@ampl.com

=======

Jul 17, 2020, 8:09:53 AM7/17/20
to AMPL Modeling Language
Good Morning. I have just downloaded the latest AMPLIDE for machos. I gave the same problem reported by
simon_onair, two years ago, that is   ' I am not able to click on any item in the status bar at the top (File, Edit, Window, Help). All possible actions are in a light grey color and cannot be selected. (see screenshot).'
My macOS version is High Sierra.

Is there already a solution for that problem?
I look forwarding to hearing from you
Thank you in advance
Emanuela Guerriero

AMPL Google Group

Jul 17, 2020, 11:42:06 PM7/17/20
to AMPL Modeling Language
Dear Emanuela Guerriero,
we haven't got any recent reports of issues with grayed out menus in macOS. If possible I'll ask you to reinstall AMPLIDE 3.6.1 from the link
https://ampl.com/products/ide/
If the issue persists I'll ask you to confirm if shortcuts, like Cmd+O to open a file are working and also if you were you able to run AMPLIDE previously in the same machine.
Thank you!

Best regards,

--
Nicolau Santos