Count how many times a constraint has been used

Marco Leonessi

Mar 22, 2018, 7:14:47 AM3/22/18
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hi!

Is it possible to know how many times a constraint has been used by the solver and use this information as a parameter in another constraint of the model?

Thank you for your attention!

AMPL Google Group

Mar 22, 2018, 1:22:43 PM3/22/18
to am...@googlegroups.com
The AMPL generates constraint based on your indexing expression and pass all the problem information to the solver. You can use expand command to view all the constraints generated by AMPL. The solver finds the optimal solution that satisfies the constraints and different solver uses different algorithms to solve the optimization problem.

We are not exactly sure what are you trying to model. I don't think there is anything like the number of times constraint is used by the solver.

--
Paras Tiwari
am...@googlegroups.com