AMPL vs AMPL studio

putraaz...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2016, 10:37:33 AM8/29/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hi everyone,

can we generate scenario tree without AMPL studio.

Regards,
Haizul

Victor Zverovich

Aug 29, 2016, 1:46:02 PM8/29/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can generate a scenario tree and use AMPL to solve a deterministic equivalent problem.

HTH,
Victor

putraaz...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2016, 10:19:16 AM8/30/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
Thanks Victor,

does it mean that we need AMPL studio to solve stochastic modelling?

Thank your for your respond.

Haizul

Victor Zverovich

Aug 30, 2016, 11:02:53 AM8/30/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
AMPL Studio has little to do with stochastic modeling. It is just another IDE for AMPL. OptiRisk Systems distributes SAMPL which is an extension of AMPL for stochastic programming, but you can do SP in plain AMPL via deterministic equivalent or something like smpswriter: https://github.com/ampl/mp/tree/master/solvers/smpswriter

HTH,
Victor