AMPL.exe stopped working

Juan Sebastián Giraldo Chavarriaga

Sep 26, 2016, 1:36:53 PM9/26/16
to AMPL Modeling Language

Hello, I'm having a problem when running one of my models in AMPL. It is a Monte Carlo simulation so it has to be solved several times.

It starts running as usual and satisfactory finishes several times, but after a certain number of simulations a message from windows pops-up informing that ampl.exe has stopped working. I’ve already tried to change some parameters and reduce the size of the problem assuming there was a problem with the input data or a problem with the memory capacity… but it didn’t work.

I've seen that other users had experienced similar problems and it seems that the solution is to send you the model so you guys can fix the bug… am I right?

I'm currently using the 20101105 ampl version, I don't know if that might be the reason.

Thanks.

Juan.

Robert Fourer

Sep 28, 2016, 9:28:27 AM9/28/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
Definitely if you can send us some files that we can use to reproduce the crash you are seeing, that is the only entirely reliable way to get it fixed. (You are using a 6-year-old version of AMPL so it is even possible that the problem is already fixed.) You can reply to this forum and attach the files to your message, unless the files are not suitable to be made public, in which case you can send them as an attachment to sup...@ampl.com.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======