AMPL Mac: solver cplex full version does not work..

m...@animest.net

Feb 20, 2015, 12:58:20 PM2/20/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I have just downloaded the full version of AMPL after my student version. But the problem is, the solver cplex of the full version does not work, every time when I tried to run the AMPL IDE, I received this message :

CPLEX 12.5.1.0: error running cplex:
    termination code 11
<BREAK>

I also tried with a problem having only 300 variables, this problem can be solved with the student version, but does not work with the full version..

Can you help me?

Best regards

Robert Fourer

Feb 20, 2015, 3:39:38 PM2/20/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
We are currently distributing version 12.6.1.0 of CPLEX, so it appears that you are picking up the wrong cplex executable (12.5.1.0). Rather than trying to find out exactly why this is happening, I suggest that you trash all of your current folders containing AMPL and CPLEX files, then download and install the full version of AMPL & CPLEX and the IDE from the beginning.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======
Message has been deleted

m...@animest.net

Feb 20, 2015, 5:19:32 PM2/20/15
to am...@googlegroups.com, 4...@ampl.com
Hey bob,

Thank you for your answer, I download agin the full version and the problem still exists.. I have this error below:

CPLEX 12.6.1.0: error running cplex:
    termination code 11
<BREAK>

Robert Fourer

Feb 22, 2015, 3:26:09 PM2/22/15
to am...@googlegroups.com

To test for any problems with our files, we made downloads of the 64-bit MacOSX distributions for AMPL, CPLEX, and the AMPL API, and put them into a folder with the AMPL license file like this:
cid:3507319246_23128414
Then we tried to solve a model using CPLEX for AMPL, and the solution was successful.  This leads us to believe that there may be a problem with your installation.  So that we can provide more help, can you send us a screenshot that shows the situation where the error occurs?  Also it would be helpful if you could send us a screenshot of the folder listing of your AMPL folder, in a list format like the one we show above.

Unfortunately the "termination code 11" message is produced by many solvers when there is an abnormal termination of some kind, and so this message alone does not provide enough information to determine the problem.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

image003.png

m...@animest.net

Feb 23, 2015, 5:48:02 PM2/23/15
to am...@googlegroups.com, 4...@ampl.com
Hey bob,

This is my screenshot of my folder and my error with AMPL.

Regards.

Capture d’écran 2015-02-23 à 23.44.20.png
Capture d’écran 2015-02-23 à 23.46.26.png

Robert Fourer

Feb 24, 2015, 2:32:05 PM2/24/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
That looks OK, but as no one has previously reported this problem, we need to investigate further to find a fix. Just to be safe, I suggest putting all of your mod, dat, and run files into a new folder somewhere, rather than in /Users/chen/AMPLIDESettings which is used by the system. Then use the IDE's Current Directory window to go to the new directory, and try running cplex again. If you get the same error, then to see whether the problem is only with cplex, try downloading gurobi and solving your problem with "option solver gurobi;" instead.

Also can you post the files ordre_taches.mod and ordre_taches.dat, and let us know which version of MacOSX you are running?

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======