Clear terminal space in AMPL on Mac

drm...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2015, 11:22:07 AM4/10/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am new to AMPL, I am using a student version of AMPL (command line) on Mac. I have the following questions

1. May I know how I can clear space on mac terminal within AMPL environment ? (I am presently exiting AMPL environment and getting back to terminal to clear space)

2. I am trying to load my model in AMPL, and I get few errors, I try to rectify them and reload the model and I get list of messages for all the number of parameters that they are already defined and it takes all the space. Is there a way to avoid this message ?

I am learning to put questions in understandable way in these public forums, sorry if my point is not clear. I can elaborate more.

Thank you in advance

Regards
Koushik

Robert Fourer

Apr 10, 2015, 1:30:52 PM4/10/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
It appears that the command you are looking for is "reset;". That deletes all model and data information so that you can start again with an updated or corrected model.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======

Indrajit Sen Gupta

Apr 10, 2015, 10:32:47 PM4/10/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
Koushik,

Do you have "sw" application in the MAC version? In Windows, typing "sw" in the console opens up a different kind of console (black font with white background). An useful feature of this terminal is that you can select all the text in the console and delete it. If you don't have this - then the only option would be to put your AMPL commands in a "run" file and execute from the MAC terminal. That way you will have "Ctrl - L" to clear screen.

Regards,
Indrajit