How to use the amplgsl solver and the smpswriter

Sun Fei

May 22, 2017, 3:10:35 PM5/22/17
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hello,

Good afternoon. I just found the smpswriter can be used to solve the two-stage SP model, but I do not know how to used it. Did someone used it before and tell me the detail?

Fei

Robert Fourer

May 23, 2017, 6:45:12 PM5/23/17
to am...@googlegroups.com
The smpswriter package converts an AMPL model and data to a problem written in the "SMPS" file format. This is only useful if you have a special solver that reads problems in SMPS format. The example at https://github.com/ampl/mp/tree/master/solvers/smpswriter uses FortSP, which is available from OptiRisk Systems; FortSP provides an optimal solution listing as in the example, but does not return solutions for viewing and analysis in AMPL.

The smpswriter software is an experimental contribution that is not currently supported, and the only documentation is what is currently found online. Suggestions from anyone who has used it would be welcome in this forum, of course.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegrouops.com

=======