Error in using cplex solver after installing ILOG

Choon-Meng Lee

Oct 7, 2015, 11:31:39 PM10/7/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
I was happily using option solver cplex for solving optimization problems in AMPL until I installed ILOG. Now I run into the following problem:

Incorrect usage. Correct command syntax is:
   cplex
or
   cplex -f <commandfile>
or
   cplex -c "<command1>" "<command2>" ...
Exiting
Error executing "solve" command:
can't open C:\Users\CM.LEE\AppData\Local\Temp\at9308.sol

I suspect that this is due to the changes in the environment variables after installing ILOG. How can I make the option solver cplex work again in AMPL?

CM

Robert Fourer

Oct 8, 2015, 12:03:29 PM10/8/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
Our CPLEX for AMPL is distributed as an executable file cplex.exe. But the IBM "ILOG" distribution also contains a cplex.exe, which is the executable for a simple CPLEX command interface that is unrelated to AMPL. When you have two (or more) cplex.exe files on your computer, AMPL may not run the one that you intend, depending on where the files are located and how the Path environment variable is set.

You could try this quick fix. In the "ILOG" folders, find the file named "cplex.exe" and rename it to something else (say, cplex0.exe).

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======