BARON

Jeff Snider

Feb 18, 2015, 12:58:18 PM2/18/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
Are there any instructions on using BARON as a solver?  The BARON website claims AMPL distributes a working solver, but I have not been able to find one.  And the executable distributed by BARON does not work as a solver.

Robert Fourer

Feb 18, 2015, 7:08:15 PM2/18/15
to am...@googlegroups.com
The new BARON user manual does refer to BARON for AMPL, but we are still working with The Optimization Firm LLC to resolve a few issues with the AMPL-BARON interfaces and with the AMPL-accessible version of BARON. BARON for AMPL will be downloadable from our site and we will make a general announcement as soon as it is available.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======

hassan.h...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2015, 7:01:34 PM7/23/15
to AMPL Modeling Language, 4...@ampl.com
Hi Bob,

Is this issue fixed? Can we download the baron-ampl interface from the amp website? (I couldn't find it)

Cheers,
Hassan Hijazi.

victor.z...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2015, 3:06:22 PM7/24/15
to am...@googlegroups.com, 4...@ampl.com
Yes, BARON for AMPL is available from the download page: http://ampl.com/dl/ampl-download.html for users who have a license that permits the use of this solver with AMPL. You can also request a trial license for BARON and AMPL from http://ampl.com/try-ampl/get-a-trial-license/.

HTH,
Victor