result not BINARY after adding another constraint

Zarine Calugay

Dec 14, 2014, 6:28:52 AM12/14/14
to am...@googlegroups.com
i declared my variable to be binary but the result has values other than 1 or 0. happened after i added another constraint. before i added the constraint, resulting values is binary.
i read that its about the solver. am i right? what solver should i download for  MILP? i have most of the solvers like gurobi,conopt,snopt,xpress, etc. anybody who knows what to do? if the problem is about solver, can you recommend other (free) solvers? and where to dl them. thanks a lot!

Timmocy

Dec 14, 2014, 7:25:57 AM12/14/14
to am...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried CPLEX?

APRIL ROSSE PADILLA CASTANO

Jun 25, 2016, 6:24:24 PM6/25/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
I have the same problem. How did you do? Please, Help me! thanks

Robert Fourer

Jun 25, 2016, 6:49:24 PM6/25/16
to am...@googlegroups.com

Very tiny magnitudes such as 9.90476e-17 and -2.22045e-16 are treated by MIP solvers as zeros, and you should also treat them as if they are zero.  To have these values show as "0" in your AMPL "display" listings, set display_eps to the smallest magnitude that should be considered nonzero; for example,

   option display_eps 1e-10;

works well for many situations.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======

I have the same problem. How did you do? Please, Help me! thanks

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gGhxQskjO9I/VI10VbePgvI/AAAAAAAAAIg/vhY_o6JkOaU/s1600/qq.jpg

image001.jpg