Access NEOS server under proxy settings

Partha Sarathi Mishra

Jun 23, 2016, 11:49:08 AM6/23/16
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to call the NEOS server's solver from my local ampl ide through the kestrel client. It fails to connect to NEOS when I'm using my college's proxy settings in my system. Please suggest a way to put proxy in ampl or any workaround.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Fourer

Jun 25, 2016, 1:16:00 PM6/25/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
Kestrel works as a special kind of solver (your specify "option solver kestrel;") and thus it runs as a process separate from AMPL. There are just a few options that can be sent from AMPL to Kestrel using a kestrel_options string, as described in the "Guide to using the Kestrel AMPL client" at https://neos-server.org/neos/kestrel.html.

The Kestrel solver was created by the NEOS project, so you could try sending a request for help to sup...@neos-server.org. However you should include more complete information about your problem, such as the AMPL commands you used to access Kestrel and the full test of all error messages seen. (Also the Kestrel source code is open so it is possible for you to see exactly what it is doing.)

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======