can't run ampl

arr...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2017, 7:18:33 AM7/25/17
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hi guys,
          I just got AMPL installed on my MacBook Pro. When I type ampl with full path, it works fine. But if I just type ampl, it gives me the following error:

-bash: ./ampl: cannot execute binary file

     Can anyone let me know what is this issue?

Thanks,

Feng

Robert Fourer

Jul 25, 2017, 9:05:08 PM7/25/17
to am...@googlegroups.com
This can happen if you invoke "./ampl" when the directory that that contains your "ampl" application is not your current directory. You can make it current by typing the command that begins "cd " followed by the full path to the ampl *directory*, then typing "./ampl".

If you have any further trouble, try posting a screenshot of your Mac Terminal window in reply to this message.

Bob Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com

=======