Can't find file "example_data.txt" error

turcan...@googlemail.com

Jun 10, 2007, 7:45:18 AM6/10/07
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded Student Edition of AMPL software and when I want
to use a file I get the following error:

###########################
sw: ampl
ampl: data example_data.txt;

Can't find file "example_data.txt"
context: data >>> example_data.txt; <<<
ampl:

############################

I saved the file "example data.txt" in the main folder of AMPL
"amplcml" where are the files sw.exe, ampl.exe....

I want to simulate a packet traffic in a network with 4 nodes and
this file " example_data.txt" has the necessary information about this
network.

Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Robert Fourer

Jun 11, 2007, 10:45:40 PM6/11/07
to am...@googlegroups.com, turcan...@googlemail.com

I would first check that the file's true name is example_data.txt. I have
seen cases where the true name is example_data.txt.txt, but Windows is
suppressing display of extensions like ".txt".

Bob Fourer
4...@ampl.com

turcan...@googlemail.com

Jun 12, 2007, 2:36:43 PM6/12/07
to AMPL Modeling Language
Thank you Bob. I found the error, it really was about the file name.
You helped me a lot!

Cheers!