Impossible deduce bounds

N ABDULLAHI

Aug 23, 2016, 10:29:34 AM8/23/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Good day all
the attached files are my model and Data, I have been battling this issue of "impossible deduced bounds" can any one help me out to figure out what need to be done is urgent pls

error solve command:
ampl: solve;
presolve, variable open_res['r8',3]:
        impossible deduced bounds: lower = 2, upper = 1;
        difference = 1
presolve, variable open_res['r6',3]:
        impossible deduced bounds: lower = 2, upper = 1;
        difference = 1
presolve, variable open_res['r5',2]:
        impossible deduced bounds: lower = 2, upper = 1;
        difference = 1
presolve, variable open_res['r3',3]:
        impossible deduced bounds: lower = 2, upper = 1;
        difference = 1
presolve, variable open_res['r1',3]:
        impossible deduced bounds: lower = 2, upper = 1;
        difference = 1
1 presolve messages suppressed.
ampl:

Thanks Nasiru Abdullahi
multi_period_kmwdp.mod
multi_period_kmwdp.dat

Victor Zverovich

Aug 24, 2016, 5:34:10 PM8/24/16
to am...@googlegroups.com
The message "impossible deduced bounds" means that the solver detected that your problem is infeasible. If you run

  solexpand;

you'll notice infeasible constraints such as

  subject to six_one['c1',1]:
0 = 1;

You should check these and possibly other constraints to see what is causing infeasibility. See also https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ampl/utuRnIL7RLI/2Aj0zsg0AAAJ

HTH,