AMPL questions

manca...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2018, 9:31:06 AM1/17/18
to AMPL Modeling Language
    Hi, I've just started learning about AMPL and I have some questions:

1) I have downloaded the demo of AMPL and want to connect it with the version of CPLEX that has already purchased my research department. Do I just have to copy the purchased cplex.exe file to the AMPL directory and replace the default cplex.exe file or do I have to do something else?

2) I have downloaded the cplex.exe folder from netlib. I think it's good for compiling cplex.exe and working with AMPL but I'm not sure... What is this folder really for?

    Thank you very much.

ptiwari

Jan 17, 2018, 3:51:12 PM1/17/18
to AMPL Modeling Language
You don't need to download cplex separately.  All the solvers come with the AMPL demo. There is AMPL IDE also, you could use IDE to write the AMPL program. The IDE is available at https://ampl.com/products/IDE/ .

Thanks,
Paras