Ampache Demonstration Servers

Afterster

May 13, 2015, 3:48:53 PM5/13/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
Post here a public url of your Ampache installation (probably an online music community) that you want to be added on http://ampache.org/demo.html webpage.

It must respect the following points:
 - fixed url
 - available freely
 - optional authentication or public registration without approval
 - provide legal contents (Creative Common music, ...)
 - at least 95% server availability

Ahmed Alrasheed

May 17, 2015, 4:04:02 PM5/17/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
does it have to use regular popular music files ?

Psy Virus

May 17, 2015, 4:26:17 PM5/17/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ahmed,

I think the kind of music isn't relevant. It only must be legal (No illegal copies or media that isn't meant to be presented in public)

Oh, and do you may have interest on translating Ampache into your mother language and become the maintainer for this language?
It would be nice, if you would contribute to Ampache's localization.

:-)

Ahmed Alrasheed

May 17, 2015, 4:35:25 PM5/17/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
great,
i saw arabic was already there, but if it wasnt completed i am happy to help :)

my demo will be ready in a 3-4 days i guess, it will be great to even test user load :D

Psy Virus

May 17, 2015, 5:50:38 PM5/17/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the most languages exist unfortunately only partially. So you definitely need to review all sentences because they're probably outdated or completely false.
If you have any question about translation, in example for a string or something, don't hesitate to ask. :-) We're trying out Transifex at the moment. On Transifex, you can see any progress of translations, create issues or start discussions for questions, bugs, fails or anything else. :-)
The translation process is also extremely simple, so you won't need a long time to work in.

I've invited you into our Transifex group, check your mails ;-)

Thank you in advance for contributing!

my demo will be ready in a 3-4 days i guess, it will be great to even test user load :D

Sounds nice! I also have a small performance tip for you, because I don't know how big your database will be, how fast you internet connection is and so on. On my side the module "Page_Speed" has drastically increased the performance of Ampache on Apache2.4. It's maybe worth to test it also on your side ;-)

Ahmed Alrasheed

May 18, 2015, 2:00:58 AM5/18/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
i wont be able to translate every string (some technical terms doesnt really get translated) but going to try to do everything else :D

Psy Virus

May 18, 2015, 2:21:32 AM5/18/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
Great,
I bet you do the best you can and your users will be thankful for this. :-)

Ahmed Alrasheed

May 18, 2015, 3:32:03 AM5/18/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com
sure do, by the way does the demo have to be with guest enabled ? requiring login (even with FB/twitter/g quick registration/login) will decrease malicious attempts and allow users to see ampache in its full glory (avatars and full users profiles)

SUT Jael

May 19, 2015, 5:53:11 AM5/19/15
to amp...@googlegroups.com, a7me...@gmail.com
It's not necessary to enable guest, you can also provide a demo user/password with everything already configured ;)

Herb Garcia

Dec 14, 2015, 8:36:50 AM12/14/15
to Ampache
I would be happy to, but I'm concerned about legal content for public? I only have legally copied music in my catalog, but not sure if I can "publicly broadcast"?

Afterster

Dec 19, 2015, 3:31:04 AM12/19/15
to Ampache
This kind of server would not be accepted Herb Garcia to avoid unnecessary disputes :).
Message has been deleted

Earnest Redwood

Mar 17, 2018, 1:43:18 PM3/17/18
to Ampache

Has anyone had a chance to install this on a Centos7 server. If you have can you point me to the clear instructions on the install.

kuzi-moto

Jul 29, 2019, 4:48:48 PM7/29/19
to Ampache
For anyone interested, I'm maintaining an Ampache demo server for people to check out the latest develop version. It will be hosing some creative commons music for testing out streaming and navigating the interface. Check it out here: https://ampache.kuzimoto.com/

Mike Soup

Jan 2, 2020, 4:14:04 PM1/2/20
to Ampache
Doesnt work

kuzma

Jan 2, 2020, 11:28:32 PM1/2/20
to Mike Soup, Ampache
Thanks for the heads up, forgot to switch PHP version to 7. Should be up now, but for some reason I can't figure out why Now Playing stopped updating.

wagn...@comcast.net

Jan 3, 2020, 6:11:16 PM1/3/20
to kuzma, Mike Soup, Ampache
Looks and works good on my Samsung tab A 10.1 tablet. I thought the buttons would be to small but I haven't had too much trouble pressing on the almost 'microscopic' delete keys😊. Wonder how it would look on a phone.
--
Sent from my Android device with Email Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Message has been deleted