Application infrastructure

Abraham Shilon

Jun 17, 2014, 10:08:50 AM6/17/14
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

A few questions (quite general I believe) about application infrastructure:

    1. If you start from an app from scratch, do you start the infrastructure from scratch too, or do you have infrastructure code that you "carry"  :-) with you from place to place?
    2. Is there such thing as 'reference' solution, in regards to the infrastructure layer? Do you know one such?
    3. Know good books or articles that thoroughly dive into the nitty-gritty details of the matter?

Thanks a lot fellows.

Avraham

Itamar Syn-Hershko

Jun 17, 2014, 10:14:30 AM6/17/14
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Personally whenever I need to reuse parts of one application in another, I copy bits and pieces around, and never reference whole solutions. If there's a significant piece of code that is reusable in more than one scenario, I usually end up making it an open-source library.

That said, I'm not sure what you refer to as infrastructure. Now that there's nuget, you should be able to get up and running with quite about everything fairly quickly

Cheers,

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
http://code972.com | @synhershko

Abraham Shilon

Jun 17, 2014, 11:24:12 AM6/17/14
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
What i mean by infrastructure is all the "low level" code that ins't business code, like DAL, logging, caching, factories/IoC, security etc.
I think it will be a good learning experience to see how all these parts are "glued" together in a single app.
So, if you know good resources I'll be more than happy to have a look and dive in.

Thank you.

Itamar Syn-Hershko

Jun 17, 2014, 11:28:45 AM6/17/14
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly what you have nuget for:

Just pick the tools that are right for you, most of the wiring can't be generalized anyway