RE: [croydonastro - 3033] The Rising Moon 17 3 2017 PM 70 mm Travel scope 40d

Graeme Coates

Mar 16, 2017, 10:21:19 AM3/16/17
to croydo...@googlegroups.com, alta...@googlegroups.com

Nice shot – handheld again for this one? Looks like we were doing similar things anyhow!

Was first clear night in what seems an age – and I got chance to finally sort out the spacings, connectors, etc for my TS OAG9, FR, camera, etc… I have another set of images that need processing, but the moon stopped play so I couldn’t go for anything too adventurous – will post that when I’ve sorted it. Good news is that the spacings work, and the guiding did too so I should be able to guide in front of my filters now which is a big bonus. And it’ll fit on the newt as well when it’s finally reassembled as it has about 55mm backfocus for the coma corrector. Just needs a couple of extra holes tapped in the filter wheel front plate to really secure it up.

Anyhow, had a quick stab at the moon once it was bright enough that it wasn’t worth doing a lot more – taken in H Alpha on the FLT110 through the FR, which isn’t ideal as it undersamples enormously, but did a drizzle stack of the best 45 frames (out of 150) with Autostakkert, processed in Registax and a resize/tweak in Photoshop.

Image at: https://flic.kr/p/RL4nmi

Cheers

Graeme