RE: {Altair_B - 5462} -: Lunar Eclipse - how was it for you

1 view

John Murrell

Sep 27, 2015, 11:58:15 PM9/27/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com

Great Eclipse – I think it was better than 2008 – quite dark and the Moon was in a nice star field. The clouds stayed away after a few dispersed con trails early on. Very wet though I thought the image was out of focus and it turned out to be dew on the flip out screen on my camera.

Lots of images to be shown at the next meeting – need to sort them out first and get an overflow hard disc.

Off to bed (again) now

Hope you had a good view – if you missed it the next good one visible from the UK is 31st December 2028.

Regards

John

Sep 28, 2015, 5:35:14 AM9/28/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com

I have a pile of photos I need to sort, but we had zero cloud cover all throughout.

Imaging was (thankfully, as I have work today…) curtailed at 5:30am by an occulation of the moon by my garden fence… :-/

Couple of good ones attached…

GC

DSC_2449.JPG
DSC_2490.JPG