RE: {Altair_B - 5315} -: Astronomy Meetings - Black Holes

1 view

John Murrell

Feb 2, 2015, 4:04:00 PM2/2/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com

Hi Roy,

I always thought in the outside observers timescale you would never see anything fall into a black hole as time dilation makes the time go slower and slower. ( Not for the object falling in though). In this case I am confused as to how they form and how they can ‘merge’ . Should be an interesting talk but could get very deep though the general meeting talks are meant to be understandable by all including the attending geophysicists.

A bit of time dilation would help getting from the RAS to Ewell – it is easy by train if you don’t need to eat and don’t mind the late night bus / train home.

Regards

John Murrell

Astronomer Without Portfolio

Website www.JohnMurrell.org.uk