Re: {Altair_B - 5508} -: Rosetta talk at Astrofest

1 view

Allan...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2016, 7:03:00 AM2/6/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com, croydo...@googlegroups.com
Agree it was very good.  Also the Brian May stereo pics were interesting,  something different about those glasses.  There is a colour difference which the eye doesnt detect but my camera did when i tried taking photos through each eye.  Greg wasnt sure of the technology either,  but wasnt just polorisation.

BTW I have pics of a lot of the slides of the talks yesterday.  Incl Tony Angels'  I will post them when I have time to get round to downloading them!

Incidentally i was at AstroFest with Keith brackenborough.  But didnt bump into any of you guys,  even in the 20min queue for coffee!

Afterwards I walked aslong to the Science Museum and spent an hour going round the Soviet Space program exhibition.  Fascinating.  Glad they announced that at Astrofest,  otherwsie would have missed something worth seeing.

Cheers
Allan

John Murrell

Feb 6, 2016, 11:08:14 AM2/6/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com

Hello Allan,

I thought there were only 4 3D technologies:

1.       Stereo Viewer as the systems Brian May sells

2.       Dual Colour Glasses Red & Blue or Red & Green

3.       Polarisation

4.       Shutter Glasses

It would be interesting to know what the technology was as I have an interest for this for work.

Regards

John