New image gallery now on line

John Mills

Oct 18, 2015, 4:16:01 PM10/18/15
to croydonastro, alta...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

After an hiatus of a few years, I've finally remade my image gallery and added some new stuff. I've tested it running Firefox, Google Chrome and IE and it seems to display the pages Ok.  The URL is -  http://www.millseyspages.com/astro_pages/image_gallery/front_page/index.html - Please let me know if you have any problems displaying the pages.

I have a few more new images to add when I get around to processing them. Hope you like what I have done so far ;-)

Cheers,

John Mills

J R

Oct 18, 2015, 4:26:39 PM10/18/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com
John

had a quick browse and can confirm the site also works fine on the ipad with Safari.

The image gallery is great with the excellent images and the details of equipment used, subs etc.   Very useful for inspiration and hopefully following in the footsteps.

regards

James

Sent from my iPad

John Murrell

Oct 19, 2015, 4:14:05 AM10/19/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com

Hello John,

Great set of images.

One suggestion would it be possible to have a way to see what are the latest images added perhaps by indexing them in date (published?) order ? Otherwise people who visit the page again may not find any new images.

Regards

JohnM

John Mills

Oct 19, 2015, 12:35:28 PM10/19/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Yes, you have made a good point. What I'll do is to make a direct link
to a new image/s from the front page of my website and also the
astronomy front page which is the main entry point.

With the original image gallery it was quite a job to add new images and
involved having to re-edit the HTML index and image files in the sub
directories. In this version I can add an image into the appropriate
folder, write the caption which gives the equipment used, exposure
times, etc and regenerate/compile the index and images pages which saves
a lot of time. I use an old version of 'J-Album' (when it was still a
free download!) which does most of work ;-)

Regards,

John

On 19/10/2015 09:13, John Murrell wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> Great set of images.
>
> One suggestion would it be possible to have a way to see what are the
> latest images added perhaps by indexing them in date (published?) order
> ? Otherwise people who visit the page again may not find any new images.
>
> Regards
>
> JohnM

---