The Rosetta Mission and Comet 67P

Tony Angel

Mar 12, 2016, 6:28:55 PM3/12/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com, croydo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A few of you will know I have been involved from the amateur side with the Rosetta Mission and had a mention including images in the ESA Rosetta Blog.

I have also had some of my images and animations used by a number of the professionals in their talks.

I recently spotted an increase of dust and this was confirmed by the mission.

Two other recent things have also happened. I got a mention and image used by the NASA Rosetta Blog (an image of when the comet was still at mag. 20 so only a few pixels in size). Secondly I have an invite to the ESA Rosetta Mission Workshop being held in Austria in June where I am going to be giving one of the talks plus a short presentation.

What fun astronomy is :)

Tony.

John Murrell

Mar 13, 2016, 4:17:18 AM3/13/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tony,

Matt Taylor used one of your images in his interesting lecture to Ewell AS last month. You got a credit as the ‘author’ as well as the other person who’s name I have forgotten.

Astronomy is indeed fun – I am hoping one of the Pulsar candidates I identified on Pulsar Hunters during Stargazing Live turns out to be real – if so I might get my name on the list of 20 or so people who identified it.

Regards

John

John Murrell

Mar 13, 2016, 4:20:28 AM3/13/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tony,

Forgot to say you got a mention on the ESA Rosetta Blog by Emily Baldwin at http://blogs.esa.int/rosetta/2016/01/27/twin-tails/ as well. (There are larger versions of the images available by clicking on them)

John

John Murrell

Mar 13, 2016, 4:29:43 AM3/13/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com

For those interested the ‘Searchlight Observatory’ consortium that Tony is involved with and used to take the images  have a website at http://son-astro.net/ it is well hidden as Google does not seem to show it in their search results, not sure why unless it is the sites robots settings that would prevent searches.

Tony Angel

Mar 13, 2016, 5:02:37 AM3/13/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

This site is quite out of date. I am just off out, but will reply properly when I get back.

Tony.

From: ma...@JohnMurrell.org.uk
To: alta...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: {Altair_B - 5527} -: The Rosetta Mission and Comet 67P