67P and the Rosetta Mission

Tony Angel

Jan 31, 2016, 12:43:08 PM1/31/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As some of you know I have been imaging 67P as part of the Rosetta Project. This week I have two reasons for feeling happy.

First the observatory and me got a mention in the latest Rosetta Blog

Second I have received an invite to the next Rosetta Project Workshop being held in Austria in June.

Tony.

Roy Easto

Jan 31, 2016, 12:54:19 PM1/31/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com
Nice one Tony,

Roy

John Murrell

Jan 31, 2016, 1:39:24 PM1/31/16
to alta...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tony,

Good to hear from you and to see some real science being done.

I did notice your name on the image on the Rosetta post – put my efforts on Galaxy Zoo and Pulsar Hunters to shame though I am hopeful some of the candidate Pulsars I found may turn out to be real J

Are you going to submit something to ‘TA’ on your observations ?

Matt Taylor of Rosetta is speaking to Ewell AS in February – I hope to get there it is just a challenge to get home from work in time to get there on time as it is difficult to get in after the start of the meeting. I wonder if he will mention the amateur observing campaign in support of Rosetta ?

Good luck with future images – the weather here has been pretty grim – I have not even seen the 5 planets in the morning Sky though I did see Venus low down but had to leave for work before Mercury rose L Still Jupiter and the moon in conjunction were a nice visual image but not very photogenic.

See you soon

Regards

John