3 Supermoon eclipses in under 12hrs

Mike Maunder

Sep 28, 2015, 7:01:56 AM9/28/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com
What a fab occasion to get one's ambition to see & photo all 3 possible Supermoon eclipses in under 12hrs. Working on the totality & moonset in earth shadow from where writing now. As my camera takes 2 SD cards, I did max jpg + RAW taking loadsa memory for 120Mb files…

Totally clear here with stars not twinkling down to horizon, Milky Way horizon to horizon and incredible number of meteors with at least 2 unidentified showers. Walked home to see Space Station low in SSE and brill Venus & Mars. All in all a great time for those at the star party.

--
Mike

Today's thought

Murphy's 11th Law: It's impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so very ingenious.

Sean McAree

Sep 28, 2015, 7:14:32 AM9/28/15
to alta...@googlegroups.com
Well done Mike well here's my attempt at capturing such a great event over the skies of the East Coast of Co. Meath:

It's the first time I have gone from beginning to the end of a total lunar eclipse and as an amatuer photographer certainly learnt that I had to adjust for different settings such exposure as the Earth shadow progressed and then receded. Partly experimental as well.

Any constructive criticism appreciated ;-)

Thanks,

Sean McAree

Sent from Gmail Mobile