Ripstrate antikickback fence

Xylene2301

Jun 4, 2011, 1:43:12 PM6/4/11
I'm looking for a ripstrate or comparable antikickback system that's
compatable with a Delta table saw.
The ripstrate was two, one-way-revolving rubber wheels whose spring-loaded
height was set with a wing nut to hold the work down on the tablesaw and
prevent kickbacks. The wheel could be attached to the saw's fence.
I think the company may be out of business but it was such a great
attachment I've got to believe somebody still makes something like it.
It controls the work much better than a feather board when ripping.

:)

k...@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz

Jun 4, 2011, 2:25:19 PM6/4/11
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 12:43:12 -0500, "Xylene2301" <som...@somewhere.com> wrote:

>I'm looking for a ripstrate or comparable antikickback system that's
>compatable with a Delta table saw.

Something like these (half way down the page)?

http://www.ptreeusa.com/tablesaw_products.htm#buddies

Rockler and Woodcraft carry similar.

>The ripstrate was two, one-way-revolving rubber wheels whose spring-loaded
>height was set with a wing nut to hold the work down on the tablesaw and
>prevent kickbacks. The wheel could be attached to the saw's fence.
>I think the company may be out of business but it was such a great
>attachment I've got to believe somebody still makes something like it.
>It controls the work much better than a feather board when ripping.

BTW, this group is pretty dead. You might try rec.woodworking instead.

WW

Jun 4, 2011, 3:37:56 PM6/4/11

"Xylene2301" <som...@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>If you will e mail me I will send photos of what I bought and use. It works
>great. Purchased this AFTER I had a bad kick back injury. I think you can
>figure out my e mail on the reply site. WW

Unquestionably Confused

Aug 17, 2011, 8:38:58 AM8/17/11

Ripstrate went out of business at least 25 years ago(or so I'm told).
Used or unused ones pop up from time to time on Craigslist.org or ebay.

I use a similar product from either Rockler's or Woodcraft. They are
called "Board Buddies" and, while a different design than the Ripstrate,
work pretty well.

Semi-soft poly wheels have a one-way clutch and the manner in which they
are mounted snugs the board up against the fence as you rip it.

<http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11262&filter=board%20buddy>

I've had mine for five years or so but I don't believe I paid $55 for
them. Watch for sales or... ebay / craigslist

jerry

Sep 29, 2011, 5:35:59 PM9/29/11
On Aug 17, 6:38 am, Unquestionably Confused <puzzl...@ameritech.net>
wrote:
Take a look at the grip-tite system. It has spring loaded sandpaper
wheels that do the same job. They have a new one that clamps on a sub
fence and only costs $29.95
There is a video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=qoXVNczaRDk

Unquestionably Confused

Nov 8, 2011, 9:27:09 AM11/8/11
Sweet! Nice looking accessory and decent price. I have some of their
magnetic feather boards and they work well.