Satan is the Father of Witchcraft

Rev...@webtv.net

Nov 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/27/99
If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
religion. You worship Satan.

Sincerely,
Rev. D.C. Foster

Shawna Choinski

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
And you worship cannibals. Simple fact.

<Rev...@webtv.net> wrote in message

WitchToy

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
>If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
>religion. You worship Satan.
>
>Sincerely,
>Rev. D.C. Foster

Back it up without resorting to your holy books or get out of the newsgroups.

Burt or maybe Mary or something

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
Rev. D.C. Foster wrote:
>If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
>religion. You worship Satan.
>
>Sincerely,
>Rev. D.C. Foster

Seeing how your cult stole the image of the horned god in order to keep your
frightened little flock of sheep in line, then you may be right. Some of us do
indeed worship the diety you speak of, only the name isn't Satan.

Best wishes,

Manic_Squared

I'm not a mean person at all!
I've just been in a pissy mood for the last thirty years...

Makara

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
Since it is OUR religion, did you possible think that maybe YOUR the one
that don't know what your talking about? I know it is hard to understand
that you might not know everything....but trust me, your wrong!!! We don't
believe in Satan at all..(most of us). So get a grip, pal!

--
Makara
42019365

Terry Bassett

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
It is a wise man who recognises his own stupidity. It is clear that the
label Rev. does not describe such a man.

go forwards in confidence and in peace,

terry

Rev...@webtv.net wrote in message
<22430-38...@storefull-162.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

EsoterraMoon

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
>Rev...@webtv.net wrote in message
><22430-38...@storefull-162.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...
>If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
>religion. You worship Satan.

Your religion is the one that created the image of Satan - so it is your
religion that "worships" him, not ours.

May the Goddess infuse your heart with the tolerance and kindness that you so
dearly lack.

Blessed be, now and forever,

Esoterra Moon
Within the Earth and Moon
Esoter...@aol.com

eve...@webtv.net

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
excuse me. wicca is the religion of believing in more than one god.
theres white and black magick. so i think you should do some more
research.

~~~~~~~~~~~BLESSED BE~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99

Rev...@webtv.net wrote in message
<22430-38...@storefull-162.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...
If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
religion. You worship Satan.

And you know this because how? A religion is a belief, a belief is something
you believe in. Then does it not make sense that if you believe that your
religion is NOT worshipping Satan then does that mean that it doesn't? After
all do you know for certain? I know for certain because the deity of my
lovely pagan belief is a kind, caring and teaching figure. Nothing like the
being of pure evil that Satan is made out to be, if he ever truly exists
which I believe he doesn't. Now, let's see... Why would Satan want me to
worship it under a belief that basically says "harm none", when apparently
Satan is a malevolent force that thrives on pain and suffering? My religion
makes me happy and makes everything seem so much nicer. Reviewing what I
have just said, it kinda makes sense that you are not right and should keep
such awful opinions to yourself. Express your opinions by all means but if
you don't have anything nice to say, the don't say anything at all :)

Lucius

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
>If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
>religion. You worship Satan.
>
>Sincerely,
>Rev. D.C. Foster

Looks like someone pissed in your genepool...
Love and Lollies,
Lucius, the wicked wench of the west

DC.E f S df+++ h--- CF ah- $ m dt Fr- L- Bnone e+ g- i-- u-
http://www.ishara.com
smack god to reply

Druid

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Darling, Druids don't have sin natures or commandments or Satan's. Those
are Christian inventions. Druids have commonsense. Pagan is a Christian
term Druids consider Christians Pagans because you practice cannibalism.
You eat human flesh and drink human blood, which according to the book
of Wisdom 12-13, (your bible), is considered witchcraft. Along with the
worshiping statues of dead humans. All because your afraid of death.
When death is only a breath away.

Savannah Beaumont

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
>If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
>religion. You worship Satan.
>
>Sincerely,
>Rev. D.C. Foster

Actually, my dear friend, my Gods are Egyptian. Isis, Bast Osiris, Ra and Horus
ect. I don't believe Satan fall into that Patheon anywhere.

Actually, If my memory of my good ole' baptist sunday school teachings serves
me correctly. The infant son of your God fled with his mama to to egypt to keep
his head from being cut off. Just think, if he hadn't be so well protected in
the arms of Isis, you wouldn't any great SALVATION to brow beat people with.
Wonder if Mother Isis ever regrets it?
Blessed Be,
Savannah Beaumont
Mistress Of Witch Hill Plantation
Ecclectic Witch
Female Impersonator

www.witchhillplantation.webprovider.com

Cat

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
Too bad Witches don't even believe in the devil. The devil is something
Christians made up to scare people so they could control them. And many
witches believe that all of the deities are just faces of God/dess. And
something I always say--- If the Christians believe in an all-powerful good
god and a bad devil. Then why can't their god control the devil?
Answer that "reverend".

Ludvig Prinn

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
>If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
>religion. You worship Satan.

WOOHOOOO!!!!

You got it, brother!

Unfortunately, to study the works of the enemy is to be seduced by Him. In
studying Satan you yourself have been tainted by His evil.

Looks like you're fucked.

_____________________________________
"Trauma is the engine of Initiation"

Ludvig Prinn
Worker of Miracles
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/ThunderRoad
Fax: (707) 924-8774

lady_rowan

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
In article <22430-38...@storefull-162.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

Rev...@webtv.net wrote:
> If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
> religion. You worship Satan.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rev. D.C. Foster

Nope, wrong again. Satan is an unrecognizable name in my Wiccan
vocabulary. He is merely a conjuring up of your own making.
My religion is one of tolerance for others, not fear. Worship as you
see fit, but do not try to "convert" me, for I do not try to "convert"
you, and I never will. To each his or her own Path. All paths lead to
the Divine.

An ye harm none; do what ye will!
--
Bright Blessings,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

crowscau...@my-deja.com

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99

This kinda reminds me of that great sci-fi story from the 70s, I think
it was named "Gate of Solitude" or "Wall of Solitude"... it was about a
"post apocalyptic" America, where there were descendants of three
different camps: Wiccans (Ozark/Appalachian descendants of Witchs),
Christians (also southern/rural folks' descendants) and ... Scientists
(the ones who managed to save themselves)

anyways, the Witchs looked with disgust and fear at the Christians, who
they felt 'worshipped a dead God', 'cuz, thats what he was to them, just
this dead guy on a cross, and all the emphasis on death, and what
rewards you get or don't....

How come guys like our 'rev' never tell Hindu's, Native Americans,
Shintoist, etc. that THEY worship Satan... ? They don't have the
nerve! They know its not politically correct to denounce non-euro-white
folks (which is not to say that Blacks, etc. don't follow/have the right
to follow Wicca/Witchcraft ... I've always known LOTs of African
Americans who felt quite at home with either Wicca or Witchcraft---
after all many of them have mixed blood that often included Brit-Irish,
etc.)

Anyways, i think they're just jeaulous these fundies, 'cuz, obviously we
have the true religion of love and peace....

As some one dear to my heart says: "We don't dislike Jesus' religion,
just the people that run it!"

oberon

In article <384315CC...@home.com>,

Druid <judged...@home.com> wrote:
> Darling, Druids don't have sin natures or commandments or Satan's.
Those
> are Christian inventions. Druids have commonsense. Pagan is a
Christian
> term Druids consider Christians Pagans because you practice
cannibalism.
> You eat human flesh and drink human blood, which according to the book
> of Wisdom 12-13, (your bible), is considered witchcraft. Along with
the
> worshiping statues of dead humans. All because your afraid of death.
> When death is only a breath away.
>

> Rev...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
> > religion. You worship Satan.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Rev. D.C. Foster

Michael Kouvatsos

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
This proves Christian Arogance. The religions that Wicca is based on
were around before monotheistism was even thought up of! Satan is a
figment of Your imagination, your "Reverence." Now, please attend to
your flock, and leave us in peace....
Merry Part!
__
Korvin

Ali Nabulsi

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
so what??

it does not matter if you do or not is the question about what you "see" him
like and what he is to you.

-Ali

Rebecca Marvel

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Ludvig Prinn wrote:

> >If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
> >religion. You worship Satan.
>
> WOOHOOOO!!!!
>
> You got it, brother!
>
> Unfortunately, to study the works of the enemy is to be seduced by Him. In
> studying Satan you yourself have been tainted by His evil.
>
> Looks like you're fucked.

ROFL...... I couldn't have said this better myself.

Lady Ophelia

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Satan is a Christian convention. You stole our gods/goddess images, but
Satan is a CHRISTIAN invention.
Not us, Stick with your own religion if that is your honest believe, and
get off the newsgroup if you're here to cast hate.

Lady O.

Raven <fire...@angelfire.com> wrote in message

> If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
> religion. You worship Satan.

Lady Ophelia

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Agreed.
Don't judge, isn't that part of YOUR religion?

Lady O

<eve...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Katie

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Rev. Dave
this is an interested reader of yours from LookSmart, and I'm not going
to put down what you've said that I've read. I'm just wondering what
church you come from, or if that's too much to say, what denomination
do you categorize yourself under?
Katie

Katie

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Just want to explain something. I'm not sure where our Rev. Dave is
coming from, but I know where I am coming from. I wouldn't, like Rev.
Dave did, say something to that extent over the internet for sake of
turning everyone off from what I believe. The Christian faith (which is
where I'm standing), says that any belief in any God or diety or
whatever it may be other than the God of the Bible is, in fact, another
face of Satan. Satan is said in the Bible to be the evil of all the
world, but sometimes, he comes as an angel of life to trick us. In the
end, all he will do will suck you of your chance at eternal life
(through Christ Jesus) and leave you empty and dead. I don't know if
you'r into witchcraft or what you believe, but I have been doing a
thorough essay on witchcraft. Often what is said in there is
peace-loving comments and assurances, and oneness with your own spirit
and nature. It all sounds la la la and lovely, and I'm thinking, hey,
this isn't that bad, when all of the sudden it turns around and says
something so morally incorrect and highly dangerous or completely
opposite to the loveliness it's been teaching. The Bible does teach
that life will be easier if you follow Jesus, but it's not going to be
a bed of roses. Beware of "angels of light", because there is only one
way to Heaven and eternal life. I have asked Jesus into my heart, and
He continues to fill my life with strength and love ("For God did not
give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of
self-control"-1st Timothy 4:10). I believe He is the son of the one
true God, and my life is a happy and fulfilled one because of it. You
may believe what you will, and I can have no part in deciding for you.
I'm not here to push anything down your throat. I heard you out, and I
just wanted you to hear me too.

Katie

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Maybe you should check that dusty Bible on your shelf, Buddy. Never do
Christians eat flesh (unless they are liars). If you're referring to
the supper table of Jesus where we are to partake in His meal, Jesus
was being figurative in saying to "take of his flesh". Figurative, my
friend. Same with the "blood". And sorry, but I don't worship statues
of dead people, I just worship God. You've obviously got a lot to say,
but maybe you should do a little research before bashing something
you've only got messed up stereotypes on.

Katie

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
I have done my research, even if Rev. Dave hasn't. I know a lot of
wicca, and I still stick to the Bible in saying that any praise other
than praise to God is praise to His enemy. You're not on solid ground.
Be careful. That's what I believe. I know what you believe, although
everyone seems to have their own little corner of wicca. I've been
there and back, and I know what the best way of life is. It's God.

Makara

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Take your own advice.

--
Makara
42019365

Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

> Maybe you should check that dusty Bible on your shelf, Buddy. Never do
> Christians eat flesh (unless they are liars). If you're referring to
> the supper table of Jesus where we are to partake in His meal, Jesus
> was being figurative in saying to "take of his flesh". Figurative, my
> friend. Same with the "blood". And sorry, but I don't worship statues
> of dead people, I just worship God. You've obviously got a lot to say,
> but maybe you should do a little research before bashing something
> you've only got messed up stereotypes on.

michael erik naesby

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Fellow travellers
Dearest Katie

While I respect your point, and respect your God, I honestly
think that even He should not be taken out of His context.

Before the spread of Abrahamitic beliefs (God/Allah/Jahve)
almost every known religions had numerous gods. And most
still have. (depending of how you count)

The concept of ONE GOD, was politically convenient for
the ancient hebrews and was used to battle peoples with other
religious beliefs and inside their own.
(Yeah I know - it's the short version!)

When you say:
: The Christian faith (which is

: where I'm standing), says that any belief in any God or diety or
: whatever it may be other than the God of the Bible is, in fact, another
: face of Satan. Satan is said in the Bible to be the evil of all the
: world,

... you in fact call every non christian person that ever lived or is
still alive a satanist. That is simply nonsense.

mike

senselessness is in the eye of the beholder

---
spamkiller:
*to reply:make sense*
---
Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:0f72575f...@usw-ex0107-049.remarq.com...
: Just want to explain something. I'm not sure where our Rev. Dave is

:
:
: * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

:

Makara

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
This has me confused. I have been practicing Witchcraft for about 5 years
and I have never seen anything that goes against the "lovey la la la"
stuff....It is what you see, there is nothing wrong, evil, or two faced
about it. From where I stand, the only people I see doing those things are
Christians. In one breath they are telling us that Jesus excepts everyone
just come to Jesus, and in the same breath it is "burn witch burn".....Not
very accepting and loving.....do you think?

--
Makara
42019365
mak...@hotmail.com
"Duct tape=Redneck Bondage"Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid>

Makara

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Good for you, I'm glad you are happy, now let us be happy worshiping as we
will....

--

> I have done my research, even if Rev. Dave hasn't. I know a lot of
> wicca, and I still stick to the Bible in saying that any praise other
> than praise to God is praise to His enemy. You're not on solid ground.
> Be careful. That's what I believe. I know what you believe, although
> everyone seems to have their own little corner of wicca. I've been
> there and back, and I know what the best way of life is. It's God.

michael erik naesby

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
I thought they'd stopped with the bonfire thing by now?
mike

--
---

Makara <sojo...@mail.tds.net> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:ffX14.556$t8.2...@ratbert.tds.net...
: This has me confused. I have been practicing Witchcraft for about 5 years

: and I have never seen anything that goes against the "lovey la la la"
: stuff....It is what you see, there is nothing wrong, evil, or two faced
: about it. From where I stand, the only people I see doing those things are
: Christians. In one breath they are telling us that Jesus excepts everyone
: just come to Jesus, and in the same breath it is "burn witch burn".....Not
: very accepting and loving.....do you think?

:
: --

: Makara
: 42019365
: mak...@hotmail.com
: "Duct tape=Redneck Bondage"Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid>

: wrote in message news:0f72575f...@usw-ex0107-049.remarq.com...

:
:

Isis

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Makara wrote:

> This has me confused. I have been practicing Witchcraft for about 5 years
> and I have never seen anything that goes against the "lovey la la la"

> stuff....

What you have to remember is that, to most christians, saying "It's really not a
good idea to murder homosexuals and bomb abortion clinics" is an evil, terrible
thing to say.

Isis

MorganLFy

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
In article <38484DF8...@mindwell.com>, Isis <is...@mindwell.com> writes:

>What you have to remember is that, to most christians, saying "It's really
>not a
>good idea to murder homosexuals and bomb abortion clinics" is an evil,
>terrible
>thing to say.
>
>Isis

I don't think that's necessarily true. Many, many christians are pro-choice
and not homophobic. It's only the fringe groups of wackos that get the press,
much to the dismay of more rational christians. Some of my best friends, and
all that.....

Morgan

"Silliness is a virtue"

Makara

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
oh no....there are a few people on alt.pagan.......and
alt.traditional.witchcraft, and alt.religion.wicca, that will be sure to
keep the fire going...The intolerance is amazing......

--
Makara
42019365

michael erik naesby <making...@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message

> I thought they'd stopped with the bonfire thing by now?
> mike
>

> --
> ---

> senselessness is in the eye of the beholder
>
> ---
> spamkiller:
> *to reply: make sense*
> ---
>
> ---
> Makara <sojo...@mail.tds.net> skrev i en
> nyhedsmeddelelse:ffX14.556$t8.2...@ratbert.tds.net...

> : This has me confused. I have been practicing Witchcraft for about 5

years
> : and I have never seen anything that goes against the "lovey la la la"

Michael Kouvatsos

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
Hey Katie,
Doesn't the bible say something like "thou shalt not bow before engraven
icons?" What is your cross, but an engraved image? Hm...let me do my research
and look that up! Ah...yes, Exodus 21:4. Why, its part of the TEN
COMMANDMENTS, woo hoo! "You shall not make for youself a graven image, or any
likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath,
or that is in the water under the earth." Well...you have a graven image of
Jesus...who is in heaven. So....explain that one Katie :-)
__
Korvin

Katie wrote:

> Maybe you should check that dusty Bible on your shelf, Buddy. Never do
> Christians eat flesh (unless they are liars). If you're referring to
> the supper table of Jesus where we are to partake in His meal, Jesus
> was being figurative in saying to "take of his flesh". Figurative, my
> friend. Same with the "blood". And sorry, but I don't worship statues
> of dead people, I just worship God. You've obviously got a lot to say,
> but maybe you should do a little research before bashing something
> you've only got messed up stereotypes on.

Makara

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
I know, that is what upsets me......that is suppose to be a religion of love
and acceptance and I for one never received anything but judgment and
criticism...no thanks, give me witchcraft anyday!!!

--
Makara
42019365

Isis <is...@mindwell.com> wrote in message

> Makara wrote:
>
> > This has me confused. I have been practicing Witchcraft for about 5
years
> > and I have never seen anything that goes against the "lovey la la la"

> > stuff....

michael erik naesby

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Hounor'd Isis

No fair.
Christians come in many different packages, and only very
very few of these 'versions' advocate murder.

mike

--
---

senselessness is in the eye of the beholder

---
spamkiller:
*to reply: make sense*
---

---
Isis <is...@mindwell.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:38484DF8...@mindwell.com...

:

michael erik naesby

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Dearest Makara

Those are very strange places for people like that to be.
You think it's a form of masochism?
Or is it simply that they feel a need to sharpen their
intolerance?

mike

--
---

nyhedsmeddelelse:E6Y14.565$t8.2...@ratbert.tds.net...
: oh no....there are a few people on alt.pagan.......and

: alt.traditional.witchcraft, and alt.religion.wicca, that will be sure to
: keep the fire going...The intolerance is amazing......

:
: --

: Makara
: 42019365
: mak...@hotmail.com
: "Duct tape=Redneck Bondage"

: michael erik naesby <making...@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message

: news:829i5r$pbu$1...@news.inet.tele.dk...
: > I thought they'd stopped with the bonfire thing by now?
: > mike

: >
chop'd

Rebecca Marvel

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Katie wrote:

> Maybe you should check that dusty Bible on your shelf, Buddy. Never do
> Christians eat flesh (unless they are liars). If you're referring to
> the supper table of Jesus where we are to partake in His meal, Jesus
> was being figurative in saying to "take of his flesh". Figurative, my
> friend. Same with the "blood". And sorry, but I don't worship statues
> of dead people, I just worship God.

(pardon me while I un-lurk for a moment)

You also said you worship "Jesus Christ". Wasn't he a flesh & blood man
and isnt' HE dead now? What about his mommy, Mary? I've seen many many
statues (graven images, hummm??) of Jesus AND Mary - both dead - and
people were kneeling before them praying... isn't THAT worshipping?

You keep contradicting yourself....

When Jesus broke the bread, didn't he say "this is my body, take and eat
and be part of me" or something like that? Figuratively or not that is
canibalism baby.

Isn't your hand TIRED by now of THUMPING that bible?

michael erik naesby

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Fellow travellers

I'm sorry but the point of cannibalism is a little off.
Christians don't eat people.
It's supposed to be symbolic.
(well actually there's quite a long and complex story in it somewhere,
that caused the split between the catholic and the orthodox christians
a substantial number of centuries ago in europe)

Same as with the statues. They don't worship the actual statue.
Just as in most other religions it's a representation, and
that wich they worship is that wich is represented.

Why try to attack them for something they're not
It's bad tactics, and it make's you look mmm. Well it does!

Anyways if I may:
I think the key here is to accept the fact that *christianity*
doesn't really exist.
Just as *men* don't exist, or *witches*.
In the sense that though those words all mean something
there are many different forms of christianity, many different men,
and no two witches that are exactly alike.

Voilá: a simple point but complicatedly made.

hi
I'm Mike
and though I'm named after an archangel I don't know nothing

--
---

senselessness is in the eye of the beholder

---
spamkiller:
*to reply: make sense*
---

---
Rebecca Marvel <artg...@flash.net> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:384979...@flash.net...

Tara

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99

Katie, just because you've read a few books on Wicca doesn't mean you
understand it.

You read it from a biased Christian's perspective, already assuming that
Wiccans unknowingly worshipped Satan.

You don't know what Wiccans believe; you only know what you've been led
to believe Wiccans believe.

-----------------

   Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid>

MeganDiana

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
michael erik naesby wrote:

> Fellow travellers
>
> I'm sorry but the point of cannibalism is a little off.
> Christians don't eat people.
> It's supposed to be symbolic.
> (well actually there's quite a long and complex story in it somewhere,
> that caused the split between the catholic and the orthodox christians
> a substantial number of centuries ago in europe)
>
> Same as with the statues. They don't worship the actual statue.
> Just as in most other religions it's a representation, and
> that wich they worship is that wich is represented.

I have to agree -- there are more legitimite avenues of criticism against
Xtianity, if one chooses that course of action. Personally, communion and use
of statues is something I can appreciate about some forms of Xtianity -- they
seem to me to be tools of meditation on deity (if used correctly). Now, the
thing about the Bible in fact prohibiting graven images is another matter, and
one against which I have yet to hear a defense from our resident Xtians ....
Isn't there something about the Catholic church using a slightly different
version of the commandments than Protestants?? (not sure, this is a rather
vague memory)

MeganDiana

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Um ... yeah, but what exactly, that *I* said, did you disagree with?

michael erik naesby wrote:

> [...]

> nyhedsmeddelelse:3849AD8C...@surfsouth.com...

> : michael erik naesby wrote:
> :
> : > Fellow travellers
> : >
> : > I'm sorry but the point of cannibalism is a little off.
> : > Christians don't eat people.
> : > It's supposed to be symbolic.
> : > (well actually there's quite a long and complex story in it somewhere,

> : > that caused the split between the catholic and the orthodox Christians
> : > a substantial number of centuries ago in Europe)
> : >
> : > Same as with the statues. They don't worship the actual statue.

> : > Just as in most other religions it's a representation, and

> : > that which they worship is that which is represented.

> :
> : I have to agree -- there are more legitimite avenues of criticism against
> : Xtianity, if one chooses that course of action. Personally, communion and use
> : of statues is something I can appreciate about some forms of Xtianity -- they
> : seem to me to be tools of meditation on deity (if used correctly). Now, the
> : thing about the Bible in fact prohibiting graven images is another matter, and
> : one against which I have yet to hear a defense from our resident Xtians ....
> : Isn't there something about the Catholic church using a slightly different
> : version of the commandments than Protestants?? (not sure, this is a rather
> : vague memory)

> :
>
> dearest Diana
>
> No the commandments are the well... commandments
> Interpretations vary.
>
> The Catholics may not make images of God. The may however make images of
> Jesus and Mary and just about everything else. And they have done that.
> Oh boy all over the place.
> Many of these images are in fact both beautiful and moving.
>
> Other Christians have later protested against the idea of pictures in churches.
> They destroyed statues, burned paintings and plastered the walls.
> (Same guys, as far as I remember that later went to Salem to hunt turkeys
> and well. you know)
>
> Problem is, that some Christians forget that the Bible is not in fact written by
> their god. It is a collection of stories about the birth of a nation as it were
>
> And the story of a remarkable man who was crucified for saying, what he
> believed in.
>
> Interestingly the God of the Old Testament seems to be a mean, agressive,
> rather powerhungry and very possessive old man. While his son seems to
> have been a pacifist.
>
> There exist amble evidence that the collection have been edited by mere humans
> several times. The existence of the Apokryphica (con? - language-problem!)
> for instance. Pieces of text that has been explicitly excluded from the Bible
>
> Well lets get to the point already!
> The point is, that one has to realise that the bible cannot be taken literally!

michael erik naesby

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99

michael erik naesby

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99

---
MeganDiana <matheso...@surfsouth.com> skrev i en

nyhedsmeddelelse:3849DC4C...@surfsouth.com...
: Um ... yeah, but what exactly, that *I* said, did you disagree with?

Dearest Megan

<g> sorry !
I don't think I disagreed with *anything* you said.

I got caried away, and it may not all have been entirely relevant.
But I liked it.
:-)

I'm sure we disagree on a lot of things, but no, that was not it.

OK?

mike

:
: michael erik naesby wrote:
:
: > --

:
:
:

MeganDiana

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99
michael erik naesby wrote:

> Dearest Megan
>
> <g> sorry !
> I don't think I disagreed with *anything* you said.
>
> I got caried away, and it may not all have been entirely relevant.
> But I liked it.
> :-)
>
> I'm sure we disagree on a lot of things, but no, that was not it.

> OK?

OK. It was a little late when I read your reply, so perhaps I misunderstood your
tone.

I agree with your statement that the Bible can/should not be taken literally. But it
seems that the people who make the most trouble with their thumping/trolling (like
the original poster of this thread) are often the ones who take their scripture
ridiculously and childishly literally. So, I'm curious as to how *they* get around
what on the face of it would seem to be a contradiction between the commandment in
question and the use of statues and pictures (I'm currently living in a small,
southern U.S. town, and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a picture of
Jesus -- or a t-shirt!).

peace!
Megan

michael erik naesby

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99
Megan wrote

(Among other things)
...and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a picture of
: Jesus -- or a t-shirt...

Don't you just hate it, when THAT happens?
:-)

The fundamentalist christian approach is a sign of personal
insecurity, - I think. They dare not think for themselves.
So they look for answers in that there book.

mike

--
---

senselessness is in the eye of the beholder

---
spamkiller:
*to reply: make sense*
---

---
MeganDiana <matheso...@surfsouth.com> skrev i en

nyhedsmeddelelse:384A9755...@surfsouth.com...

:
:

Savannah Beaumont

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
>Consider this:
>Were DID Cain & Abel find their wives?

OOOOO good question.

1st. Cain killed Abel according to the myth. So Abel never married. It was Cain
and Seth (Adam and Eve's third son)

IMO: If you want to play along with the creation myth, Seth more than likely
married one of sisters. Hmmmm? was Eden in Alabama? (Just Kidding..... please
don't flame me, I'm a southerner myself).
As far as Cain, I believe (again IMO) married Lilith, Adam's first wife. She is
another hebrew myth conviently left out of the Bible. She was banished from
Eden by Adam because she KNEW she was his equal.
Blessed Be,
Savannah Beaumont
Mistress Of Witch Hill Plantation
Ecclectic Witch
Female Impersonator

www.witchhillplantation.webprovider.com

michael erik naesby

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
Dearest Savannah

Seth
Sorry, - I forgot about him!

Anyways - I always thought Lillith would have wanted to stay single.
-considering the choice of men she had.
:-)

mike

--
---

senselessness is in the eye of the beholder

---
spamkiller:
*to reply: make sense*
---

---
Savannah Beaumont <savvy...@aol.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:19991206011201...@ng-ch1.aol.com...
: >Consider this:

Shadow

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
Savannah Beaumont wrote:

> >Consider this:
> >Were DID Cain & Abel find their wives?
> >

> OOOOO good question.
>
> 1st. Cain killed Abel according to the myth. So Abel never married. It was Cain
> and Seth (Adam and Eve's third son)
>
> IMO: If you want to play along with the creation myth, Seth more than likely
> married one of sisters. Hmmmm? was Eden in Alabama? (Just Kidding..... please
> don't flame me, I'm a southerner myself).
> As far as Cain, I believe (again IMO) married Lilith, Adam's first wife. She is
> another hebrew myth conviently left out of the Bible. She was banished from
> Eden by Adam because she KNEW she was his equal.
> Blessed Be,
> Savannah Beaumont
> Mistress Of Witch Hill Plantation
> Ecclectic Witch
> Female Impersonator
>
> www.witchhillplantation.webprovider.com

In the times the bible was penned, woman were left out of mention for
the most part because they were nothing more than property. Some get
honorable mention, but look at the mention made, either they were
supposed evil doers that caused men to fall from grace, tramps, whores
or second class citizens.
Very few women in the bible are mentioned in complete favorable light.
After all it was a bunch of women hating priests that wrote it, what
else would one expect.

--
_____ __ __
/ ___/ / /_ ____ _ ____/ /____ _ __

The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural
curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.
(Anatole France)

michael erik naesby

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99

---

senselessness is in the eye of the beholder

---
spamkiller:
*to reply: make sense*
---

---
Shadow <t...@aug.com> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:384B9D24...@aug.com...

:

Dearest Shadow

If i'd have to be completely honest I'd say almost all men are a little afraid
of women.
somewhere deep down

It has to do with the very complex relationship between love, sex and power
and I don't know if I can explain it better than that.

We (the men) deal with it differently.
The men who wrote the bible and later thos that've been running the great
christian
roadshow didn't do it very well.

mike

bmf

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99

Shadow <t...@aug.com> wrote in message news:384B9D24...@aug.com...
> Savannah Beaumont wrote:
-snip-

> In the times the bible was penned, woman were left out of mention for
> the most part because they were nothing more than property. Some get
> honorable mention, but look at the mention made, either they were
> supposed evil doers that caused men to fall from grace, tramps, whores
> or second class citizens.
> Very few women in the bible are mentioned in complete favorable light.
> After all it was a bunch of women hating priests that wrote it, what
> else would one expect.

I recently watched an episode of "Millineum" in which they make specific
reference to Mary Magdelen and to portions of the Bible that she has written
(omitted from the earliest revisions of the Bible) . The gist of the story
was that she was not only married to Jesus, but was also considered an
apostle ("I am the first, and I am the last [apostle]"). She was the only
apostle to survive persecution after Jesus' death, and later formed her own
cult. Is there any truth to this? Or is this just another case of
movie-land fabrication? I have tried searching the web but didn't have much
luck. The passages were referred to as "The Infancy"?
Does anyone have any web site suggestion that might shed some light on this
particular reference, perferably from a non-religious site (the Christian
Historians were not to forthcoming about this particular subject)

michael erik naesby

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
Dear BMF (?)

It's hard to know exactly what is fact and what is made up about things
that happened so long ago.

And I haven't seen the episode of Millenium, you refer to.

But the theory that Mary Magdalene was in fact married to Jesus is not new.

The theory goes on to say that she and/or her descendants
later fled to the south of France, where they're somehow
connected to the cathar-movement that dominated that area untill
they were litterally wiped out by the mother church.

The cathars were a group of anti-authorian ascetic christians
who worshiped Mary Magdelena (-not Virgin Mary) AND believed
that Jesus was human rather than devine.

If anyone's interested I think i could dig up a couple of links to relevant
web sites.
(right now they're in my lost but not found department)

mike

--
---

bmf <bmfe...@pacbell.net> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:ekS24.15$3c6....@typhoon-la.pbi.net...
:
: Shadow <t...@aug.com> wrote in message news:384B9D24...@aug.com...

:
:

THE WARLOCK

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Rev. as not to be a bigot a bigot shall be.
Only psodo christians say that satan is our farther.
Not us.
<Rev...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
> religion. You worship Satan.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rev. D.C. Foster

Ludvig Prinn

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
>I'm sorry but the point of cannibalism is a little off.
>Christians don't eat people.
>It's supposed to be symbolic.

And the Great Rite is symbolic of sex, yet THAT'S evil, right?

>Same as with the statues. They don't worship the actual statue.

Neither do "idolators". The statue is representative of their god.

_____________________________________
"Trauma is the engine of Initiation"

Ludvig Prinn
Worker of Miracles
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/ThunderRoad
Fax: (707) 924-8774

Ludvig Prinn

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
>>Were DID Cain & Abel find their wives?
>>

>OOOOO good question.

Abel did not find a wife. He found a platter.

Cain found his wife in the land of Nod.

Paladin

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
> Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid>
>
> I have done my research, even if Rev. Dave hasn't. I know a lot of
> wicca, and I still stick to the Bible in saying that any praise other
> than praise to God is praise to His enemy. You're not on solid ground.
> Be careful. That's what I believe. I know what you believe, although
> everyone seems to have their own little corner of wicca. I've been there
> and back, and I know what the best way of life is. It's God.

Maybe. But there is more than one way to worship the same thing, and if God
is as wise and compassionate as everyone says, he knows who has their heart
in the right place, and isn't about to torch them in the afterlife because
they didn't read a little book and get immersed in water. Otherwise you have
a God that is saying that if you aren't my follower, you're my enemy, and
that doesn't seem terribly compassionate or wise to me, really. As such, as
long as I'm doing the things I believe are right, it doesn't matter what
church I belong to, because all of them say God (or Goddess) is wise and
just, and as such I'll be following all religions. Of course, I prefer to
entirely ignore religion because I don't want to end up doing the right
thing just because I want to get a good afterlife. I do the right thing
because it is the right thing. And if whatever God(dess) you have has a
problem with me not reading out of a book and following rituals while I do
so, they would be neither wise nor just. Furthermore (sorry, this is getting
a bit long) it would do me personally absolutely no good to go to church. I
personally would get nothing out of it, because of the way my mind works. I
took tests, it is a recorded fact that it wouldn't help me. I'm not saying
that church is bad, just that it would do no good for me. As such, I would
be wasting my time if I were to go there. I have more useful ways to prove
I'm a good person than to waste my time as an act of devotion. Therefore, it
would actually be detrimental for me personally to go to church even if I
was a devout Chrisitian (and I'm not. I generally just try to do the right
thing, like I said). As a matter of fact, a devout Chrisitian told me so. He
also told me to read the bible more, and I do so occasionally, because it
does have a few interesting points scattered about. I also read wiccan texts
for the same reason. Don't get me started on what I do believe...that would
take a long while and be a real messy situation.

Sincerely
Paladin

cernunos

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
As far as i'm aware , just like Noah's sons, they got thier wives from
the land of NOD.
Also you will notice from Genesis that God created man BEFORE ADAM
AND EVE were created and it was one of these that Lillith buggered off
with.(I assume he must have had a bigger TOOL), sorry about the
stoneage pun. Also the Lillith story was not left out of the "Holy
Bibble" (Deliberate spelling mistake) you may find it in the APOCHRYPHA.

Korax Lykos

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
So, if Cain found a wife in the land of Nod...who were the parents of
his wife? If adam and eve were the first, and everyone is related to
them, then .... who is Cain's wife? And what's a platter?
__
Korvin

Savannah Beaumont

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
>Also the Lillith story was not left out of the "Holy
>Bibble" (Deliberate spelling mistake) you may find it in the APOCHRYPHA.

Well... its obvious you aren't a christian... LOL
Most Christians the Bible constists of only the books in the King James Version
and its modern translations. Neither Lilith nor Apochrypha are in these
versions.

Raven Arani

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
cernunos wrote:

> As far as i'm aware , just like Noah's sons, they got thier wives from
> the land of NOD.

> Also you will notice from Genesis that God created man BEFORE ADAM
> AND EVE were created

Funny how the church never mentions that.

> and it was one of these that Lillith buggered off
> with.(I assume he must have had a bigger TOOL), sorry about the

> stoneage pun. Also the Lillith story was not left out of the "Holy

> Bibble" (Deliberate spelling mistake) you may find it in the APOCHRYPHA.

I find no mention of Lilith or the land of Nod in the Apochrypha
(searched through it at this site:
http://etext.virginia.edu/rsv.browse.html In the Bible, the land of
nod is metioned in Gen 4:16. The next verse mentions Cain's wife, but
not a name. The name Lilith is mentioned in Isaiah 34:14 but doesn't
say who she is. And that's it for both of them in the whole bible.

I'm going to do an internet search for this stuff, but if anyone knows
what verse it's in, please let me know.

michael erik naesby

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
Most versions of the bible excludes the Apocrypha.

In fact that's what being apocryphic's all about.

??

mike

--
---

cernunos <cernunos3...@hotmail.com.invalid> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:01efbc34...@usw-ex0107-049.remarq.com...
: As far as i'm aware , just like Noah's sons, they got thier wives from

: the land of NOD.
: Also you will notice from Genesis that God created man BEFORE ADAM

: AND EVE were created and it was one of these that Lillith buggered off

: with.(I assume he must have had a bigger TOOL), sorry about the
: stoneage pun. Also the Lillith story was not left out of the "Holy
: Bibble" (Deliberate spelling mistake) you may find it in the APOCHRYPHA.

:
:
: * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

:

Raven Arani

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99

cernunos wrote:

> As far as i'm aware , just like Noah's sons, they got thier wives from
> the land of NOD.
> Also you will notice from Genesis that God created man BEFORE ADAM
> AND EVE were created

Sorry. I just re-read the verses that I thought you were talking about
and I disagree. I assume you're talking about Gen 1:26 - 2:7. If you
were speaking of a different verse, let me know.

Jim Danielson

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
Korvin,
Your not quite right about that. The Egyptians were the first major western
culture that tried monotheistism. It was centered around Amun Ra(sic).
Somewhere around 1000 BCE, I think. It might have been earlier. Also the
Jewish religion, upon which christianity was founded, Jesus was a rabbi
after all, was monotheistic. There are several groups that were east of
Sumaria that may have been monotheistic, but I have no was to substanciate
that. By-the-by, That is the area that the ancestors of the Celts, Angles,
Saxons came out of.
jim

Michael Kouvatsos <Drak...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> This proves Christian Arogance. The religions that Wicca is based on
> were around before monotheistism was even thought up of! Satan is a
> figment of Your imagination, your "Reverence." Now, please attend to
> your flock, and leave us in peace....
> Merry Part!
> __
> Korvin

Jim Danielson

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
I would like to make one small point. The bible in it's original form does
not speak of either Hell or Satan. Most references of Hell start with
"...and they shall burn as in the fires of Gehenna. Their souls to be made
as nothing...." The reference there is to a small valley outside ancient
Jerusalem where the bodies of the poor and diseased were cremated. It was
also the refuse dump.
The term Satan was first used in Dante's Inferno. Lucifer is the term used
in some of the older manuscripts. The Dead Sea scrolls refer to the
"Deceiver" and the "Prosecuter of Man" God being the Judge, Jesus being the
"Defender."

Jim

Paladin <gr...@fiber.net> wrote in message

Jim Danielson

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
Katie,
He was performing an act of "Ritualized Cannibalism." That was a very
respected part of many religions at that time. Some up until the last
century.

Jim

Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Maybe you should check that dusty Bible on your shelf, Buddy. Never do
> Christians eat flesh (unless they are liars). If you're referring to
> the supper table of Jesus where we are to partake in His meal, Jesus
> was being figurative in saying to "take of his flesh". Figurative, my
> friend. Same with the "blood". And sorry, but I don't worship statues
> of dead people, I just worship God. You've obviously got a lot to say,
> but maybe you should do a little research before bashing something
> you've only got messed up stereotypes on.

Jim Danielson

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
Terrorism of any type know no religious denomination.

Jim

> Makara wrote:
>
> > This has me confused. I have been practicing Witchcraft for about 5
years
> > and I have never seen anything that goes against the "lovey la la la"
> > stuff....
>
> What you have to remember is that, to most christians, saying "It's really
not a
> good idea to murder homosexuals and bomb abortion clinics" is an evil,
terrible
> thing to say.
>
> Isis

Korax Lykos

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
Before monothestism...there was paganism. The first monothestic religion more
than likely was zoroastrianism, and that was about 1500 BCE. Before
then....was polythestism. So, how am I wrong?
And what does (sic) mean?
??
__
Korvin

owynt...@my-deja.com

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
Another xian falsehood!
I believe in the Lord & Lady, not in some old wives tail of a ruler of
all evil. I DO NOT believe in satin, satinism is a xain (read that
christian) belief & I am in no way xian!!!

Now let me get this right, you believe that your god is the god of all
good & the devil is the god of all evil, am I correct?? If so than your
god is not the god & lord over all, but just part of creation!!

The Gods of the old religions become the devils of the new!

Rev...@webtv.net wrote:
> If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
> religion. You worship Satan.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rev. D.C. Foster

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Ludvig Prinn

Dec 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/11/99
>The Egyptians were the first major western
>culture that tried monotheistism. It was centered around Amun Ra(sic).

It was centered around "The Aten", not Amun Ra.

>Somewhere around 1000 BCE, I think.

Actually, it was a lot earlier. 1000BCE wouldn't even predate Yahweh.

SOD of CoE

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
49991212 IVom

Rev...@webtv.net apparently posted this to be read by "witches":

>> If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
>> religion. You worship Satan.

if 'worship Satan' means 'value or acknowledge the divinity of some
god other than yours', then this is likely true in many cases.
you may be proceeding, however, from the erroneous presumption
that many of the Inquisitory legends and accusations are of
accurate substance, when in fact witchery typically has less to
do with your bogey than you'd prefer to imagine.

however, if 'worship Satan' means 'come to an understanding and
full-fledged support of wild nature', then this is ABSOLUTELY
THE CASE! writers like Paul Huson ("Mastering the Art of
Witchcraft") make entertaining cases for the origins of witchery
in apocryphal writings like the "Book of Enoch" (giants from the
heavens fucking with human women and having children also take
to instructing them of the ways of magic) and many witches are
keen to develop intuitive and nature-worshipping behaviours that
can easily lead to the support of and contribution to the
welfare of wild nature (Bookchin's 'First Nature' which I have
concretely identified as 'Satan').

owynt...@my-deja.com:

> I believe in the Lord & Lady, not in some old wives tail of a
> ruler of all evil.

hardly just a wives' tale, and you slander wives in such an
attribution. more likely the husbands fostered the notion
of such a cosmic meanie, probably to compete with the
importance placed on women in their nurturing and child-
generating roles. cf. Zoroastrianism, especially of the
Mazdaists.

> I DO NOT believe in satin, satinism is a xain (read that
> christian) belief & I am in no way xian!!!

satin is a fabric, satinism is a fetish. satanism is an
element of the Judeochristislamic religious tradition,
Satanism is a modern anti-religion commandeering the
former condemnatory campaign toward individual ends.

> Now let me get this right, you believe that your god is the god
> of all good & the devil is the god of all evil, am I correct??

many Christians and Muslims believe that Satan (variously named:
Mastema, Beelzebub, Shaitan, Satan, Lucifer, Iblis, etc.) is
responsible for the existence of evil. it is a fallacious and
dualistic 'solution' to the philosophic 'Problem of Evil' and
should be understood as a defensive maneuver for rational
religious who are too timid to associate evils such as the
torture of innocents with gods they would worship. many modern
religious (including Wiccans and Satanists) prefer to ignore
the problem altogether as if their lack of consideration
somehow 'solves' it in a muddling of inconsistent logic.

> If so than your god is not the god & lord over all, but just
> part of creation!!

in part this is true, inasmuch as it dismisses the notion of
an omnipotent god incapable of curbing the activities of one
of hir underlings.

> The Gods of the old religions become the devils of the new!

what if the INVERSE were true (as one might claim is the case
for modern Satanism or similar traditions)? would that mean
we would have to begin engaging in anti-social behaviours in
order to 'be true to our gods', or can one worship gods without
emulating them? there are 'wrathful' gods in some cultures who
are not worthy of emulation but warrant appeasement, for example.
how should one 'worship' the Pan from whom 'panic' derives?

blessed beast!
bobo...@satanservice.org (SOD of CoE)
________________

Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.

Frank L. Visco
--
TOKUS: mailto:bobo...@satanservice.org; http://www.satanservice.org/
notification: I may post any email replies; cc me if some response desired.

SOD of CoE

Dec 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/12/99
[note followup]

49991212 IVom

apparently Katie:

>>> I still stick to the Bible in saying that any praise other

>>> than praise to God is praise to His enemy....

this implies that all other gods or spirits or demons or whatever
are "enemies of (your) God". I don't think that your god (or God)
is important enough to demand that type of opposition. please
provide evidence that this is the case. certainly religions before
the advent and/or spread of your religion do not qualify.

Paladin <gr...@fiber.net>:

>> Maybe. But there is more than one way to worship the same

>> thing....

not only that, but 'worship' can imply a great number of
differing activities. 'praise' and 'worship' can easily
be differentiated, for example.

"Jim Danielson" <danj...@sherbtel.net>:
> ...The bible in it's original form does not speak of either
> Hell or Satan.

false. typically 'the bible' is understood to mean both the
Old Testament (a selection of Jewish writings) and the New
Testament (a selection of Greek Christian writings). these
latter (esp. in books like 'Revelation of St. John') do
indeed mention 'Satan' as a cosmic antagonist. the Old
Testament also contains mention of 'Satan' in the Book of
Job, albeit as a wandering angel and/or D.A. for Jehovah.

> Most references of Hell start with "...and they shall burn
> as in the fires of Gehenna. Their souls to be made as
> nothing...." The reference there is to a small valley
> outside ancient Jerusalem where the bodies of the poor and
> diseased were cremated. It was also the refuse dump.

there is also talk of 'the Abyss' and 'the Lake of Eternal
Flame' into which the damned will be tossed. Gehennah and
Sheol (which you did not mention, but which is often
translated as 'Hades') are ambiguously referenced in the
New Testament, and can imply an experience or a place (the
notion of 'Hades' is typically place-oriented). the term
'Hell' appears to derive from both a place and an under-
world divinity from norse traditions ('Hella') and so is
a strange tangle to associate with 'Hellfire and Brimstone'.

> The term Satan was first used in Dante's Inferno.

it derives from 'shaitan' or 'satan' as used in Hebrew
writings and is of semitic origin. Dante merely used
the term as he found it in scripture (it takes on a
variety of meanings therein and ranges from 'adversary'
to 'cosmic antagonist').

> Lucifer is the term used in some of the older manuscripts.

typically Isaiah is the only OT reference, and this was
misunderstood to refer to Satan when instead in Isaiah it
refers to the King of Babylon (nickname implying Venus).

> The Dead Sea scrolls refer to the "Deceiver" and the
> "Prosecuter of Man" God being the Judge, Jesus being the
> "Defender."

this is probably of relation to Job and the offices portrayed
therein. this is an important instructional story indicating
the danger of equating luck with piety.

blessed beast!
bobo...@satanservice.org (SOD of CoE)
________________

"Had us a group here once called Sword of the Pig. You ever hear of that?"

"No," Rydell said, "I never did."

"They'd steal fire-extinguishers out of buildings. Recharge them with
blood. Blood from a slaughterhouse. But they let it out, you
understand, that this blood, well, it was human. Then they'd go after
the Jesus people, when they marched, with those same extinguishers..."

"Jesus," Rydell said.

"*Exactly*", Warbaby said.
--------------------------
"Virtual Light", William Gibson, Bantam Books, 1993; p. 127.

Katie

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
The "burn witch burn" thing was never from Jesus. Sorry. We are not to
condemn, but to love. People in the 15th century (note the long ago
date) burned them at the stake, true, but they were wrong to do that.
My job, I repeat, is not to condemn, but to love. As you said, Jesus
said that He will accept anyone who comes to Him. He will even accept
them into his kingdom if they choose to dedicate their lives to Him.
Burning witches went out with the 18th century. It was wrong in the
first place.

Katie

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
You wanna clarify that for me again? I said that the only way to Heaven
is through Jesus Christ. Everyone else is, essentially lost. If I write
that any worship to any so-called deity is a satanist other than
worship to God of the Bible, how does that turn around and call any
Christian a satanist? Just help me out here, I'm not getting what
you're trying to tell me here about my "senselessness".

Korax Lykos

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Um, ok, Katie...
So, although you don't beleive that our bodies should be burned, you still
think our souls will?
Pff...Peh...MWA HAHAH!
heh...oh, gee...i'm sorry...I sometimes type things for no reason.....
__
Korvin

Katie wrote:

> The "burn witch burn" thing was never from Jesus. Sorry. We are not to
> condemn, but to love. People in the 15th century (note the long ago
> date) burned them at the stake, true, but they were wrong to do that.
> My job, I repeat, is not to condemn, but to love. As you said, Jesus
> said that He will accept anyone who comes to Him. He will even accept
> them into his kingdom if they choose to dedicate their lives to Him.
> Burning witches went out with the 18th century. It was wrong in the
> first place.

The Will To Write

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
i'm not sorry for what i'm about to write. katie, i COMPLETELY agree
with absolutley everything you have to say, it's almost as if.. well,
just wierd. but anyways, i believe in the one true God above (and i
emphasize ONE), but i also believe in Satan. i know for a fact that
anyone who worships him will live eternity in hell. but don't get me
wrong, i also believe that all people, both good and bad in the eyes of
man, have that chance to live for eternity in heaven. but if you do not
repent, and if you continue the ways of the world, you will burn for
all eternity in hell.

The Will To Write

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Satanism is wrong

michael erik naesby

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Dear Katie

The 'Sv' in the subject line, and the reference to 'senselessness'
suggest that I may be somehow involved in the answer to your
question (or the question to your answer).
But the thread's been broken, the relevant posts deleted, and so
the whole thing's stopped making sense.
In short: do I get a hint?
:-)

mike

--
---

nyhedsmeddelelse:2cb0833c...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com...
: You wanna clarify that for me again? I said that the only way to Heaven

: is through Jesus Christ. Everyone else is, essentially lost. If I write
: that any worship to any so-called deity is a satanist other than
: worship to God of the Bible, how does that turn around and call any
: Christian a satanist? Just help me out here, I'm not getting what
: you're trying to tell me here about my "senselessness".

:
:
: * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

:

Carlos Antunes

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Cristianity is wrong.

--
"How We Believe: The Search for God in an Age of Science"
by Michael Shermer available at

Jon Mikal

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Carlos Antunes wrote:
> The Will To Write wrote:
> > Satanism is wrong
> Cristianity is wrong.

Britney Spears is wrong.
______________________
Hechalsimamzael (HChLSIMMZAL) 231=93

Wise Demon Website:
http://www.homestead.com/WiseDemon

Andy Smith

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Well here we have some informative debate going on!

In article <38573D04...@mgfairfax.rr.com>, Carlos Antunes
<cant...@mgfairfax.rr.com> writes
>Cristianity is wrong.

>The Will To Write wrote:
>>
>> Satanism is wrong

Do something for the third world.
Once a day visit http://www.thehungersite.com/
One click will cost you nothing, and perhaps feed someone for a day.

Korax Lykos

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
BWA HAHAHAH!!!
OH dear me...have I suddenly had a typing spasm? I am sorry.....
<chuckle>
Where do these people come from? Who are they, what do they want? WHO MOVED
THE ROCK??? Maybe we should all go a christian newsgroup and piss them
off.....na...we're better than that!
__
Korvin

The Will To Write wrote:

> i'm not sorry for what i'm about to write. katie, i COMPLETELY agree
> with absolutley everything you have to say, it's almost as if.. well,
> just wierd. but anyways, i believe in the one true God above (and i
> emphasize ONE), but i also believe in Satan. i know for a fact that
> anyone who worships him will live eternity in hell. but don't get me
> wrong, i also believe that all people, both good and bad in the eyes of
> man, have that chance to live for eternity in heaven. but if you do not
> repent, and if you continue the ways of the world, you will burn for
> all eternity in hell.

Isis

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Actually, people have been burned as witches as recently as January 1999. So
there goes that "long ago and far away" theory. A couple thousand have been
murdered in this century.

Isis

Katie wrote:

> The "burn witch burn" thing was never from Jesus. Sorry. We are not to
> condemn, but to love. People in the 15th century (note the long ago
> date) burned them at the stake, true, but they were wrong to do that.
> My job, I repeat, is not to condemn, but to love. As you said, Jesus
> said that He will accept anyone who comes to Him. He will even accept
> them into his kingdom if they choose to dedicate their lives to Him.
> Burning witches went out with the 18th century. It was wrong in the
> first place.

Mike

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Jon Mikal wrote:

> Carlos Antunes wrote:
> > The Will To Write wrote:

> > > Satanism is wrong
> > Cristianity is wrong.
>
> Britney Spears is wrong.

Does this mean Britney Spears is Satan??

Mike

Bad Lands

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <38582CBC...@pipeline.com>, Mike

I HATE cross-posting, and if remarQ allowed me I would keep this to one
ng alone. Britney Spears is who? For that matter who is Britney Spears?
Relax, that was rhetorical. However, what this is saying is any
organized religion is wrong. Just as you've found your own path in
magick, apply the principle to the rest of your life. Personally I
don't believe in a satan, but that means nothing concerning others. In
my beginnings, one thing I liked was hearing witches don't believe in a
devil or hell. As I went on, I found that was merely a few types of
witch. What does it matter though? Live your life as best you can, and
if there is a godhead, you will be rewarded in an afterlife. Or just
enjoy your stay now.
B*B
Autumn

The Will To Write

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
oh dear me, where do you guys come from? do you believe in a single God?

The Will To Write

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
before you even have a chance at having a discussion with me, spell
Christianity right!

> Cristianity is wrong.

icsel

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Yes. You are right.

Mike <cyra...@pipeline.com> wrote in message

Jon Mikal

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Bad Lands wrote:
> In article <38582CBC...@pipeline.com>, Mike
> <cyra...@pipeline.com> wrote:
> > Jon Mikal wrote:
> > > Britney Spears is wrong.
> > Does this mean Britney Spears is Satan??

Perhaps...

> I HATE cross-posting, and if remarQ allowed me I would keep this
> to one ng alone. Britney Spears is who? For that matter who is
> Britney Spears? Relax, that was rhetorical. However, what this is
> saying is any organized religion is wrong. Just as you've found your
> own path in magick, apply the principle to the rest of your life.

Correct.

> Personally I don't believe in a satan, but that means nothing
> concerning others. In my beginnings, one thing I liked was hearing
> witches don't believe in a devil or hell. As I went on, I found that
> was merely a few types of witch. What does it matter though? Live
> your life as best you can, and if there is a godhead, you will be
> rewarded in an afterlife. Or just enjoy your stay now.

In the name of Britney Spears, Amen.

;-)

Love is the law, love under will.

Carlos Antunes

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Why? I spell it the way I want!

The Will To Write wrote:

Falki

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Was that a come back!?
Leave it be, leave it be.

[Falki]

Jerry

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
WE DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU BELIEVE, OUR GOD IS NOT SATAN. WE DON'T BELIEVE
IN SATAN, NOR DO WE EVER EXPECT TO SEE HIM. You can believe in all your
heart that witches will burn in hell, but you will find no converts here.
We don't believe in any hell other then that which you yourself make for
yourself. Our beliefs are as valid, true, and HOLY in our eyes as yours are
in yours. Leave us alone and go bug some Jews or Muslums or Hindus, or
better yet, leave everyone to their own beliefs. If anyone is driven to
christianity then they can convert any time they wish. If someone is not,
then it's best to leave them alone to find their own path. If I am wrong and
I (an essentially good person) end up in hell, what does that say about your
god anyway?

The Will To Write wrote in message
<026faffc...@usw-ex0101-008.remarq.com>...

>i'm not sorry for what i'm about to write. katie, i COMPLETELY agree
>with absolutley everything you have to say, it's almost as if.. well,
>just wierd. but anyways, i believe in the one true God above (and i
>emphasize ONE), but i also believe in Satan. i know for a fact that
>anyone who worships him will live eternity in hell. but don't get me
>wrong, i also believe that all people, both good and bad in the eyes of
>man, have that chance to live for eternity in heaven. but if you do not
>repent, and if you continue the ways of the world, you will burn for
>all eternity in hell.

Robin

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
> If you don't know this one simple fact then you don't know your own
> religion. You worship Satan.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rev. D.C. Foster

There was a time when it was interesting to see how self-styled (or
even properly educated) priests make conjectural and usually plain
wrong statements about things they should know better, provided they
were in the least bit interested in the history of their religion. But
with the recent proliferation of that type it becomes tedious.

Just one thing. Witchcraft, if there is any one thing deserving that
epithet, was old already when monotheism wasn't even an option. And no,
I'm not a practitioner.

Robin
--
GeneSys general roleplaying rules system & RPG resources

http://homestead.deja.com/user.robin_pfeifer/home.html
robin_...@my-deja.com

KansasCpl

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:39:54 -0800, Katie
<erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>You wanna clarify that for me again? I said that the only way to Heaven
>is through Jesus Christ. Everyone else is, essentially lost. If I write
>that any worship to any so-called deity is a satanist other than
>worship to God of the Bible, how does that turn around and call any
>Christian a satanist? Just help me out here, I'm not getting what
>you're trying to tell me here about my "senselessness".

Okay I just have to stick my nose into this one, please forgive me.
thanks
I have just a couple of simple little statements to make then I will
return to lurking....:)

Now dont get me wrong IF Jesus Christ exsited i am sure he was a man
of told wisedom, oh such as Buddha and many others that i can name.
But in the history of man Jesus is a youngen, the practice of
witchcraft and the religon of Wicca per date the life time of Jesus by
a few thousand years.

And the second statement here is simply do your research before making
statements like that. If your God is so understanding dont you think
he knows what is in our hearts, and knows that the rules that we
enforce upon ourselfs are about clean and clear as any that he might
have handed down?

Bob Roberts

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
My first newsgroup..
I'm writing a book called "misconceptions". It's about when best friends
religions conflict. Friends are age 16. If anyone has any stories about
actual religious conflicts, i would appreciate any insight on how they
happend, and how you worked them out (if you did).
Oh yeah, christian vs. wiccan types. (i'm wiccan).

HI everone.

Bob

Eclipse

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
1. Ohio
2. No

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:23:08 -0800, The Will To Write
<farmerboy0...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>oh dear me, where do you guys come from? do you believe in a single God?
>

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Eclipse

maf1029

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

Katie wrote in message <2cb0833c...@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com>...

<<You wanna clarify that for me again? I said that the only way to Heaven is
through Jesus Christ. Everyone else is, essentially lost.>>
Wow. I'm sure you've converted a few rabbis and shinto priests today.

<<If I write that any worship to any so-called deity is a satanist other
than worship to God of the Bible, how does that turn around and call any
Christian a satanist?>>

The poster wrote "non-Christian." You called all *non-Christians* satanists.

maf1029

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

Mike wrote in message <38582CBC...@pipeline.com>...

:>> > The Will To Write wrote:
>> > Cristianity is wrong.
>>
>> Britney Spears is wrong.
>
>Does this mean Britney Spears is Satan??

No, but she must have sold her soul to someone extremely high up for those
knockers......

Edward King

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
Oh you've written an ESSAY have you?
That's okay then. As long as you're not just spouting
anti-anything-but-my-way crap.
Permit me to make a suggestion based on the state of affairs Gods like yours
and people like you have let this world slide into....
Take my Grimoire (I'll happily donate it for research purposes) and explore
the fundamental principle that: "A large square object can be somewhat
difficult to remove from the small intestine"
Incidently, when you're next reading your "wouldnt harm a fly religion"
bible, observe that it does state "An eye for an eye...". If that isnt
"morally incorrect" and "dangerous" then what is?!

Regards

EK

p.s Please ask your "colleagues" to stop knocking on my door.I'm
un-recruitable

Katie <erinthered...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Just want to explain something. I'm not sure where our Rev. Dave is
> coming from, but I know where I am coming from. I wouldn't, like Rev.
> Dave did, say something to that extent over the internet for sake of
> turning everyone off from what I believe. The Christian faith (which is
> where I'm standing), says that any belief in any God or diety or
> whatever it may be other than the God of the Bible is, in fact, another
> face of Satan. Satan is said in the Bible to be the evil of all the
> world, but sometimes, he comes as an angel of life to trick us. In the
> end, all he will do will suck you of your chance at eternal life
> (through Christ Jesus) and leave you empty and dead. I don't know if
> you'r into witchcraft or what you believe, but I have been doing a
> thorough essay on witchcraft. Often what is said in there is
> peace-loving comments and assurances, and oneness with your own spirit
> and nature. It all sounds la la la and lovely, and I'm thinking, hey,
> this isn't that bad, when all of the sudden it turns around and says
> something so morally incorrect and highly dangerous or completely
> opposite to the loveliness it's been teaching. The Bible does teach
> that life will be easier if you follow Jesus, but it's not going to be
> a bed of roses. Beware of "angels of light", because there is only one
> way to Heaven and eternal life. I have asked Jesus into my heart, and
> He continues to fill my life with strength and love ("For God did not
> give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of
> self-control"-1st Timothy 4:10). I believe He is the son of the one
> true God, and my life is a happy and fulfilled one because of it. You
> may believe what you will, and I can have no part in deciding for you.
> I'm not here to push anything down your throat. I heard you out, and I
> just wanted you to hear me too.
> Katie

Korax Lykos

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
I had (and still have) conflicts with my family? Does that count?
__
Korvin

Katie

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
Well, I learned something new. You do every day, I suppose. Did you
know that Christians are killed every day all over the world?
Everywhere. Our beliefs have the same problems. Everyone wants to kill
us. Know that I'm not giving any death wishes to you.
It is loading more messages.