Network Neighborhood Icon Missing

Rainer

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00
Anyone know how to get my Network Neighborhood Icon back (Windows 98)?

I've tried the following without success:

Used TweakUI to make sure it's selected in the DESKTOP tab
Used the Win98 System Policy Editor to make sure the "Hide Network
Neighborhood" is not selected

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Keith Wilson

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00
Make sure you have all the correct network settings. Start | Settings |
Control Panel | Network. Have client for Microsoft Network, TCP/IP adapter,
Ethernet if you have one, Dial-Up Adapter, and you may have to add File and
Printer Sharing. The easiest way to add all of these and make sure that
they are right is to select, Protocol, Microsoft, and then the correct part
(dial up, ethernet, whichever).

I had the same problem on my dad's computer yesterday (no network
neighbourhood), all the right things were in his setup, except that the
computer used to have a shared network connection, and the TCP/IP was
shared, where the original was gone... after changing that, I got my
internet back and I got the Network Neighbourhood icon back... so, play in
that area and see what you can do :)

Keith

Rainer <nos...@flash.net> wrote in message

Bob D

Jan 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/7/00
Do you have Tweak UI installed? You might have removed the checkmark for
Network Neigh.

Bob D
"Keith Wilson" <kwi...@uoguelph.ca> wrote in message

Rainer

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00
Thanks--that solved the problem!
I didn't have all of the proper clients/protocols installed (I just did a
complete reinstall of Win98)....Although I'm not sure why they weren't
there.

Thanks for your advice! My icon is back.

Rainer

Jan 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/8/00
Thanks for you reply. Actually I had Tweak UI installed w/checkmark, but
the problem was that I didn't have all of the correct Network
Clients/Protocols installed. My icon is now back. Thanks for your reply...