WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY ABOUT WAR ???????????

bv

Jul 9, 2011, 10:30:41 PM7/9/11

WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY ABOUT WAR

Islam permits fighting in self-defense, in defense of one's faith, or
on the part of those whose basic rights have been violated. It lays
down strict rules of combat that include prohibitions against harming
civilians and against destroying crops, trees, and livestock. As
Muslims see it, injustice would be triumphant in the world if good
people were not prepared to fight for a righteous cause.

God says in the Qur'an: "Permission (to defend) has been granted to
those who are being fought against; that they have been oppressed.
Verily, God has the power to help them. Those who were unjustly
expelled from their homes for no other reason than their saying: 'God
is our Lord.' If God were not to repel some human beings through
others, monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, wherein the
name of God is mentioned, would have certainly been destroyed. God
will definably help those who will help Him. Verily, God is Immensely
Strong, Mighty." (Qur'an 22:39-40)

War is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid
down by the sacred law. The often misunderstood and overused term
jihad literally means "struggle" and not "holy war" (a term not found
anywhere in the Qur'an). Jihad, as Islamic concept, can be on a
personal level - inner struggle against evil within oneself; struggle
for decency and goodness on the social level; and struggle on the
battlefield, if and when necessary.

According to the Qur'an, God has created all of humankind equal, and
has given each the right to pursue their own destiny. The life, honor
and property of all people in a Muslim society are considered sacred,
whether the person is Muslim or not. Racism, sexism and prejudice of
any sort are unacceptable in Islam. The Qur'an speaks of human
equality in the following terms:

"O humankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into
nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly,
the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in
piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware." (Qur'an 49:13)

The right to life is the most basic of human rights; the Qur'an
equates the unjust killing of a single person to killing all of
humankind: "And whoever kills a soul…, should be as though he has
killed all of humankind." (Qur'an 5:32)

Dealing equitably and protecting the rights of every individual is the
cornerstone of a Muslim society. God further states in the Qur'an: "O
you who believe! Stand up firmly for God, as witnesses to fair
dealing, and let not hatred of a people invite you to act inequitably;
act justly, that is nearer to piety, and be conscious of (your duty
to) God, surely God is aware of all that you do." (Qur'an 5:8).

The family is the foundation of Islamic society. The peace and
security offered by a stable family unit is greatly valued and seen as
essential for the spiritual growth of its members. It is quite common
in the Muslim community to find large, extended families living
together; providing comfort, security and support to one another.

Parents are greatly respected in the Islamic tradition. Mothers, in
particular are greatly honored. God says in the Qur'an: "And we have
enjoined upon man to be good to his parents. With difficulty upon
difficultly did his mother bear him, and wean him for two years. Show
gratitude to Me and to your parents; to Me is your final
goal!" (Qur'an 31:14)

Marrying and establishing a family is very strongly encouraged. "And
among His signs is that He created for you mates from among
yourselves; that you may find peace with them. And He put between you
love and compassion. Surely in this are signs for people who
reflect." (Qur'an 30:21)

A Muslim marriage is both a sacred act and a legal agreement, in which
either the groom or the bride is free to include legitimate
conditions. Marriage customs vary widely from country to country.

Prophet Muhammad is reported to have said: "When a servant of God
marries, he completes half his faith." Marriage is the institution
upon which families are based.

According to the Qur'an, men and women are equal before God; both
created for the sole purpose of worshipping god through faith and good
deeds.

"O humankind! Be conscious of your Lord Who created you from a single
soul, and out of it created its mate, and out of the two spread
countless men and women. Be conscious of your Lord through Whom you
demand your mutual rights and honor the wombs; God always watches over
you." (Qur'an 4:1)

Islam recognizes women as individuals with specific rights. Among
these are: the right to life, the right to learn; the right to earn,
own and dispose property; the right to choose a husband; the right, as
a wife, to her pre-marriage standard of living; the right to be
treated equally; and the right to inherit. Women, like men, are
rewarded by God for a righteously led life.

Muslim women dress in a way that is modest and dignified. The purpose
of clothing is not only to protect oneself from physical elements, but
also to protect oneself from immorality and pride. Some traditions of
dress, and more generally, the treatment of women in some Muslim
countries and societies, are often a reflection of culture. This is
very often inconsistent and even contrary to Islam teachings. Prophet
Muhammad said: "The most perfect in faith among you believers is he
who is best in manner and kindest to his wife."

Muslims, by faith, are expected to respect and care of the elderly. It
is quite common to find children, parents, grandparents and sometimes
great grandparents all living together in one large home.

In Islam, serving one's parents is a duty second only to worshipping
God. It is considered despicable to express any irritation when,
through no fault of their own, the old become difficult to handle.

God says in the Qur'an: "Your Lord has decreed that you worship none
but Him, and be kind to your parents. If either or both of them reach
old age with you, do not even say 'uff' to them or scold them, but
speak to them in terms of honor and kindness. Lower to them the wing
of humility, and say, 'My Lord! Have mercy on them, for they did care
for me when I was young.'" (Qur'an 17:23-4)

When a Muslim dies, he or she is washed, usually be a family member,
wrapped in a clean white cloth, and buried with a prayer, preferably
the same day.

Muslims believe that the present life is only a trial for the
Hereafter. God says in the Qur'an: "Every soul shall taste death. And
you will be given your dues on the Day of Judgment. Only the one who
is removed from the brink of Hellfire and admitted into Paradise has
ultimately won; and life of this world is nothing but a material
illusion." (Qur'an 3:185)

IF YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ISLAM, WE PREFER TO VISIT THE
FOLLOWING WEBSITES:

http://www.islam-guide.com

http://www.islamhouse.com/s/9661

http://www.thisistruth.org

http://www.quran-m.com/firas/en1

http://kaheel7.com/eng

http://www.knowmuhammad.com

http://www.rasoulallah.net/v2/index.aspx?lang=e

http://www.todayislam.com

http://www.thekeytoislam.com

http://www.islamland.com

http://www.discoverislam.com

http://www.thetruereligion.org

http://www.beconvinced.com

http://islamtomorrow.com

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran

http://www.quranforall.org

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran

http://www.prophetmuhammed.org

http://www.chatislamonline.org/ar

http://www.dar-us-salam.com

http://youtubeislam.com

Eris

Jul 10, 2011, 11:51:56 AM7/10/11
> humankind: "And whoever kills a soul…, should be as though he has

I read an article that stated anything said in the beginning of the
can be negated by anything following it.

The article said the begining of the Quran preaches peace but the
latter parts preach war and conquested.

The article also stated that the Quran incourages lying to infidels.

billzz

Jul 11, 2011, 2:41:45 AM7/11/11
Your observations are true but the Islamic apologist propaganda poster probably will not respond because they spam this stuff to all newsgroups hoping to get someone to read their stuff, and they will not respond to anyone.

The key to understanding Islam is that one does not have to read the Koran at all. In fact it is dysfunctional.

Brent Scowcroft said that, in order to understand a policy, one should not read anything that anyone has written, nor listen to anything that one has said, but observe the situation, and the situation is the policy.

Islam can be understood by what they are doing, not what they say or write.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jul 11, 2011, 8:02:28 AM7/11/11
billzz wrote:

> The key to understanding Islam is

he he he..."billzz", the self-proclaimed expert on most any subject...

> Brent Scowcroft said

..."billzz" thinks Scowcroft is a good reference for understanding Islam...

> Islam can be understood by what they are doing, not what they say or write.

ditto for *your* Christianity, son...count all the wars in just the
last century that were *started* by Christians......far more than Islam.

Seriously, son, do you *ever* think about the shit you post *before* posting?
;-)

Anon E. Mouse

Jul 11, 2011, 11:30:56 AM7/11/11
define "they" don't confuse the radical whack jobs with the rest of the
Muslims just as most Christians would rather not be confused with the
Westboro Baptist Church
I am not apologizing for anything....the wrong doers are just that....wrong.
I don't know the number of Muslims in the US military but I'd say Major
Hasan and his kind could share the same prayer rug.

I may be off the screen with this remark because I really don't know what
you're referring to or who you're replying too without telling my reader to
show all read posts and then guessing at best. bring back Unix I say and
confuse the world <G>
"billzz" <bil...@wildblue.net> wrote in message

Anon E. Mouse

Jul 11, 2011, 11:36:41 AM7/11/11

"Eris" <vit...@gmail.com> wrote in message

****

"the article" being what? some trash put out by some conservative nut
job? do you realize that Thomas Jefferson had a copy of the Koran? I
am interested in finding out when the first Muslims came to America. not
in some twisted propaganda. one of my customer's name was Osama he
was proud of the name not Bin Ladin

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Jul 11, 2011, 3:28:06 PM7/11/11
On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 19:30:41 -0700 (PDT), bv <bv6b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY ABOUT WAR

I don't know what Islan says about war, but, I'll bet it says
something like: "If you go to war, win."

Democrats view George Orwell's novel "1984" as a cautionary tale.

Republicans see the novel as their blueprint.

KATN

Eris

Jul 11, 2011, 6:59:31 PM7/11/11
On Jul 11, 11:36 am, "Anon E. Mouse" <n...@reimanworld.con> wrote:
> "Eris" <vith...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I have no idea nor does it matter, in the sense that either the Qu'ran
does negate things written in it or it does not. Who knows? I am
actually interested in the truth.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jul 11, 2011, 7:08:26 PM7/11/11
Anon E. Mouse wrote:

> define "they" don't confuse the radical whack jobs with the rest of the
> Muslims

and the whack jobs became whack jobs *because* of Jews and Christians,
primarily Palestine and the unquestioning blind support of Jewish Israel,
stealing land of the non-Jews and murdering the non-Jews who resist,
while the rest of the world looks the other way.

and the Jews of Israel will not stop until they have all the land
that they claim God gave to them forever...whack jobs

in a nutshell
;-)

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jul 11, 2011, 7:16:56 PM7/11/11
Eris wrote:

Son, *everyone* believes he/she is interested in the truth. Why do
you atheists think your truth seeking is different?

Eris

Jul 11, 2011, 7:43:57 PM7/11/11
On Jul 11, 7:16 pm, "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." <d...@coldine.edu>
wrote:

No short bald control freak telling us what to think?

Eris

Jul 11, 2011, 7:45:29 PM7/11/11
On Jul 11, 7:08 pm, "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." <d...@coldine.edu>
wrote:
> >>said, but observe tJhe situation, and the situation is the policy.

> >>Islam can be understood by what they are doing, not what they say or
> >>write.

Should read radical Jews and radical Christian nutters.

Eris

Jul 11, 2011, 7:47:08 PM7/11/11
On Jul 11, 7:08 pm, "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." <d...@coldine.edu>
wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if the Jews had a Country where they could live
with out being preyed on by religious nuts of all kinds?

Eris

Jul 11, 2011, 7:48:33 PM7/11/11
On Jul 11, 7:16 pm, "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." <d...@coldine.edu>
wrote:

Either the Koran negates what is said in the beginning or it does not.
Simple enough.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jul 11, 2011, 9:16:13 PM7/11/11
Eris wrote:

There are many peaceful Moslems who are not frothing at the mouth for war.
Why don't you call your local mosque and ask them what it means?
;-)

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jul 11, 2011, 9:29:00 PM7/11/11
Eris wrote:

They do...the U.S.
;-)

Anon E. Mouse

Jul 12, 2011, 2:52:10 PM7/12/11
but then you'd have to believe in something

"Eris" <vit...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Anon E. Mouse

Jul 12, 2011, 2:54:01 PM7/12/11

"Eris" <vit...@gmail.com> wrote in message

****

you mean "nutters from some udder mudders"??