there is no application associated with mime type

Fosco_Bleec...@shire.com

Aug 1, 2008, 1:45:37 PM8/1/08
>there is no application associated with mime type application/octet stream
I am trying to get vuplayer to launch without having to select it each
time I click on an audio flac file in agent. It did before I installed
VideoLan, but now the darn box keeps poping up. I went into filetypes
in windows explorer and associated flac with the vuplayer, and
doubleclicking flac files in windows explorer launches the player
perfectly. flac is associated everywhere in windows with the correct
music player, except in agent4.2. does anyone know how to work this?

Carroll Robbins

Aug 1, 2008, 8:48:37 PM8/1/08
Fosco_Bleec...@shire.com wrote on Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:45:37 -0400
in <hli694hf5eddfbn91...@4ax.com>

Your Windows file association is incorrect. If you haven't already I
suggest you try rebooting as this sometimes fixes problems with Windows
file associations.

There are two ways to fix the problem. Track down and fix the Windows file
association or set Agent to launch vuplayer directly.

Windows Explorer has its own private file associations. To fix the Windows
file association I need more info. Exact Windows version, eg. WinXP pro
sp3? What exactly you did to associate flac? What happens when you enter a
flac filename in a cmd window? Etc.

To set Agent to launch vuplayer directly you need to add a MIME type. Go to
"Tools -> Options -> URL and MIME settings -> MIME Types" and press the
"Add..." button. The Type is audio and the subtype is x-flac. OK the
dialog. It should be selected in the top box. In the Extensions box add
flac. In the Application box browse to the vuplayer then add " around it
and a space then "%1". This will cause Agent to ignore the Windows file
association and launch vuplayer itself.
--
Carroll Robbins