address book

ho...@hope.com

Aug 7, 2015, 12:55:34 PM8/7/15
Agent 8

I have imported a new address book

now for some reason when I make a new email and in the to field I press the pick icon far right
it does not bring up all my address it brings up a search box.

I have pressed the reset button but makes no difference.

Any ideas please

hope

ho...@hope.com

Aug 7, 2015, 2:56:40 PM8/7/15
I have now sorted it out

Talk about cannot see the wood for the trees

I had the box minimized down so I could only see the search part

Dumb Blond yes I know

hope

ho...@hope.com

Jan 11, 2016, 6:47:19 PM1/11/16
Hi

On one of my computers I have agent all setup and working fine including the mailto.

BUT on another of my computers all of a sudden the mailto has stopped working

When I press the email on a web page (Firefox 43.0.4)

I get the error
The home directory \\mailto does not xxist (yes two xx )

What could have happed

Regards

Hope

ho...@hope.com

Jan 12, 2016, 11:44:42 AM1/12/16
No one know this problem then?

ho...@hope.com

Jan 13, 2016, 4:12:00 AM1/13/16
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 18:12:06 +0000, Charles Lindbergh <spi...@stlouis.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:44:41 +0000, ho...@hope.com wrote:
>
>>No one know this problem then?
>>

>Maybe this will help:
>
>https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-program-used-open-email-links

Hi
Thank you for the link

Done all that but still no good

Can you re install agent over the one that I have got installed and keep all the folders and
settings or does it delete the old before it installs again?

If not where does agent store the folder and settings? so I can save them and put them back

I think what has happed agent has lost the file Association with windows.

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Hope

ho...@hope.com

Jan 15, 2016, 9:11:21 AM1/15/16

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:16:39 +0000, Charles Lindbergh <spi...@stlouis.invalid> wrote:

>I would not reinstall Agent, yet.
>
>What version of Windows are you using?
>
>After you made the changes in Firefox, did you restart Firefox before testing the functionality? Have you
>restarted your computer recently?

Hi Thank you for the above

It is now all working.

What I did.

1....Took the bull by the horns and backed all up

2....Got agent and installed again BUT it said repair, so thought that was better than complete
install.
3....Switched off then back on again

3....Went to defaults and YES agent was there so made it the default for mailto

5....Shut agent down and started again then shut down

6....Started Firefox and clicked the mailto icon BINGO it all works

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Hope

ho...@hope.com

May 13, 2016, 6:57:53 AM5/13/16
Does anyone know a uk phone number OR any phone number with a LIVE person on the other end.

For Forte Agent

I have bought another Lic for my other computer BUT like a fool put my old email in that is no
longer active so I cannot get the Lic number from the email OR my invoice

I have sent 4 emails to different places BUT nothing back from them

Thanks

Ralph Fox

May 13, 2016, 7:29:14 AM5/13/16
Best to use the web form here to request a copy of your other Lic number.
http://www.forteinc.com/contact/lostkey.php

Just FYI there is a US phone number for order inquiries, near the top of this page:
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/support.php

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ho...@hope.com

May 13, 2016, 9:18:01 AM5/13/16

On Fri, 13 May 2016 23:29:27 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>Best to use the web form here to request a copy of your other Lic number.
> http://www.forteinc.com/contact/lostkey.php

Done that BUT they want the "Agent Serial Number": How can I tell that when I have NOT got it
as I say NO EMAIL to get the invoice OR key
====================================

>Just FYI there is a US phone number for order inquiries, near the top of this page:
> http://www.forteinc.com/agent/support.php

Done that as well this is all you get
leave a voice message at +1.866.303.6264.

Left three and STILL not got back
================================

ho...@hope.com

May 13, 2016, 9:19:49 AM5/13/16
On Fri, 13 May 2016 14:05:11 +0200, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 May 2016 23:29:27 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>
>Do you need a separate licence for each computer?

Well I would presume so other wise you are breaking there terms

One Lic one computer

Stephen Wolstenholme

May 13, 2016, 10:25:48 AM5/13/16
On Fri, 13 May 2016 16:09:57 +0200, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
>AFAIR when I asked it was one computer at a time i.e. I can and so run Agent on
>as many PCs as I want so long, as it is only one at a time.
>
>I can't find the T&C for Agent. I can only find one for Agent Usenet.

The simple license text used by many software producers, including me,
is:-

"One registered copy of /// may be used by one person who uses the
software personally on one or more computers or by many people on a
single workstation. You may install /// on a network server provided
that you have obtained individual licenses for the software that
covers all workstations that will access the software through the
network. For example, if 10 different workstations access /// on the
network, each workstation must have its own license, even when it is
used at different times."

I've long forgotten who originally wrote it!

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

s|b

May 13, 2016, 10:32:04 AM5/13/16
On Fri, 13 May 2016 16:09:57 +0200, Martin wrote:

> AFAIR when I asked it was one computer at a time i.e. I can and so run Agent on
> as many PCs as I want so long, as it is only one at a time.

<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent/Jgg95ylqx4w/m2X54cmDk9oJ>

<quote>

In a nutshell, it works out this way: One user, the licensee, can have
more than one instance, including on more than one machine - only if
the licensed user uses the multiple copies; or one copy on a single
machine with multiple users, as on a shared family computer.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.forteinc.com/agent
Agent Support Team

</quote>

--
s|b

Steve Urbach

May 13, 2016, 10:58:47 AM5/13/16
Not Correct for Individuals (you have 2 computers, you CAN use 1 license. )

The Licensee owns the media on which the Software is recorded, but FORTE
retains title to the Software and accompanying documentation. This License
provides for the use of the Software by a single User and all Users for which
add-on licenses have been purchased. "User" means an individual, or current
employees of the Licensee, if Licensee is a corporation or other business or
commercial entity or government agency which has purchased add-on Licenses.BTW
the Link to the terms is at the bottom of the manage HELP (button) form.

Stephen Wolstenholme

May 13, 2016, 12:02:49 PM5/13/16
On Fri, 13 May 2016 16:59:35 +0200, Martin <m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 May 2016 15:24:35 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme <st...@easynn.com>
>I am sure something like that used to be on Forte Agent website, but I can't
>find it.

I was thinking for a few minutes that Agent may be the source but it
predates 1995.

Ralph Fox

May 13, 2016, 4:38:40 PM5/13/16
On Fri, 13 May 2016 16:09:57 +0200, Martin wrote:

> AFAIR when I asked it was one computer at a time i.e. I can and so run Agent on
> as many PCs as I want so long, as it is only one at a time.
>
> I can't find the T&C for Agent. I can only find one for Agent Usenet.

Help >> Index >> License agreement

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ EXTRACT QUOTE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This License provides for the use of the Software by a single User
and all Users for which add-on licenses have been purchased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ EXTRACT QUOTE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Ralph Fox

May 13, 2016, 4:57:02 PM5/13/16
On Fri, 13 May 2016 14:17:57 +0100, ho...@hope.com wrote:

>> On Fri, 13 May 2016 11:57:50 +0100, ho...@hope.com wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know a uk phone number OR any phone number with a LIVE person on the other end.
>>>
>>> For Forte Agent
>>>
>>> I have bought another Lic for my other computer BUT like a fool put my old email in that is no
>>> longer active so I cannot get the Lic number from the email OR my invoice
>>>
>>> I have sent 4 emails to different places BUT nothing back from them
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
> On Fri, 13 May 2016 23:29:27 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>

>> Best to use the web form here to request a copy of your other Lic number.
>> http://www.forteinc.com/contact/lostkey.php
>
> Done that BUT they want the "Agent Serial Number": How can I tell that when I have NOT got it
> as I say NO EMAIL to get the invoice OR key

You do not have to fill in the "Agent Serial Number".

Fill in the fields with a green dot, and as much other
information as you can.

> ====================================
>
>> Just FYI there is a US phone number for order inquiries, near the top of this page:
>> http://www.forteinc.com/agent/support.php
>>
> Done that as well this is all you get
> leave a voice message at +1.866.303.6264.
>
> Left three and STILL not got back

Don't spam them with calls. One call should be enough.

And expect it to take a couple of days. I presume that they
will not be employing someone full time 24/7 on this job alone.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ho...@hope.com

May 14, 2016, 3:41:32 AM5/14/16

>> On Fri, 13 May 2016 23:29:27 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>> Best to use the web form here to request a copy of your other Lic number.
>>> http://www.forteinc.com/contact/lostkey.php
>>
>> Done that BUT they want the "Agent Serial Number": How can I tell that when I have NOT got it
>> as I say NO EMAIL to get the invoice OR key
>

>You do not have to fill in the "Agent Serial Number".
>
>Fill in the fields with a green dot, and as much other
>information as you can.

Okay Will Try that and see what happens Ralph
=============================

>> ====================================
>>
>>> Just FYI there is a US phone number for order inquiries, near the top of this page:
>>> http://www.forteinc.com/agent/support.php
>>>
>> Done that as well this is all you get
>> leave a voice message at +1.866.303.6264.
>>
>> Left three and STILL not got back
>

>Don't spam them with calls. One call should be enough.

I did NOT spam them
I gave one call and waited for a email or call NOTHING back after two days
So phoned again STILL nothing after 4 days

Is that spaming?
===============================

ho...@hope.com

May 14, 2016, 3:50:17 AM5/14/16

On Fri, 13 May 2016 16:32:11 +0200, "s|b" <m...@privacy.invalid> wrote:

><quote>
>
>In a nutshell, it works out this way: One user, the licensee, can have
>more than one instance, including on more than one machine - only if
>the licensed user uses the multiple copies; or one copy on a single
>machine with multiple users, as on a shared family computer.
>
>--
>Jeffrey Kaplan www.forteinc.com/agent
>Agent Support Team
>
></quote>

Okay that is fine BUT how am I going to get them to do:

1....Change my email

2....Send me my Invoice for payment and my details

3.....Get my key for the Version I have PAID for

I have done all I can to contact Them BUT as of now 14th May 2016 NOTHING back from them

No wonder there is so many Pirate version about when one abides my the rules and cannot get in touch
with anyone to get the Lic version that they have paid for.

Regards

ho...@hope.com

May 14, 2016, 3:56:24 AM5/14/16
On Fri, 13 May 2016 23:29:27 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

I have just got the key from them at LAST

But as yet no invoice to say I have paid for it.

But one can hope

Thank you to ALL who have helped me in this matter

Regards

Dum Blond

ho...@hope.com

May 14, 2016, 3:58:41 AM5/14/16
Hi Ralph

Just got the key from them, but no invoice as yet

Thank you for all your help again.

Ralph Fox

May 14, 2016, 4:59:00 AM5/14/16
When I last bought a key on the Forté web site, the web page showed
me the key. I made sure to copy the key down then and there, just
in case the email did not arrive.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Jaimie Vandenbergh

May 14, 2016, 11:26:05 AM5/14/16
On Sat, 14 May 2016 08:58:39 +0100, ho...@hope.com wrote:

They'll be from different people - the techs can vanishingly rarely
access the invoicing systems.

Cheers - Jaimie

ho...@hope.com

May 14, 2016, 4:58:30 PM5/14/16
Nope did not see that come up at all, I have seen it in the past and yes like you say I did copy it
and saved it just in case. BUT not this time

Jeffrey Kaplan

May 15, 2016, 9:44:36 PM5/15/16
Previously on alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent, ho...@hope.com
said:

> Okay that is fine BUT how am I going to get them to do:
>
> 1....Change my email
>
> 2....Send me my Invoice for payment and my details
>
> 3.....Get my key for the Version I have PAID for
>
> I have done all I can to contact Them BUT as of now 14th May 2016 NOTHING back from them

Have you used the Help \ Post Support Question Via Email option?
Have you used the options on http://forteinc.com/agent/support.php ?

There is a phone number listed on the Contact Us page, but last I knew
it goes to an answering machine. I do not know how often it's checked.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

ho...@hope.com

Sep 29, 2016, 2:45:38 PM9/29/16
Hi All

For some reason when I have a email link in Firefox 49.01 press on it I get this come up

unable to open ini file c:\program files (86)\mozilla firefox\mail...@jjjj.com

is this to do with Firefox or agent

version 8.00/32

Regards

Hope

Ralph Fox

Sep 30, 2016, 3:34:21 AM9/30/16
Hi hope

It is to do with a setting in Firefox:

Tools >> Options >> Applications >> mailto

The way in which this was set, it is not starting Agent with the
correct command-line parameters.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ho...@hope.com

Sep 30, 2016, 4:41:37 AM9/30/16

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 20:34:17 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>Hi hope
>

>It is to do with a setting in Firefox:
>
> Tools >> Options >> Applications >> mailto
>
>The way in which this was set, it is not starting Agent with the
>correct command-line parameters.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for getting back to me

Yes I thought that for a start BUT when I looked in that it say's agent is the default for mailto

Any more ideas

Kind regards

Hope

Ralph Fox

Sep 30, 2016, 5:31:03 PM9/30/16

On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:41:31 +0100, ho...@hope.com wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> Thank you for getting back to me
>
> Yes I thought that for a start BUT when I looked in that it say's agent is the default for mailto
>
> Any more ideas

Do this test.

1. Open a command prompt window.

2. First, change to the same folder (directory) that firefox.exe is in.

CD /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox"

3. Then, run this command in the command prompt window.
(Use the correct path to agent.exe on your computer, and put
the path inside quote marks.)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Agent\agent.exe" -home:MailtoUrlIniFile -url:"mailto:h...@jjjj.con"

This will work correctly, and open a compose window in Agent.
(If you used the correct path to agent.exe, in quote marks.)

4. Next, run this command in the command prompt window.
(Use the correct path to agent.exe on your computer, and put
the path inside quote marks.)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Agent\agent.exe" mailto:h...@jjjj.com

You will see the same error come up, that you reported above.

I believe Firefox is starting Agent with the command line from #4.
Firefox should be starting Agent with the command line from #3.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ho...@hope.com

Oct 2, 2016, 3:02:13 PM10/2/16

On Sat, 01 Oct 2016 10:31:01 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>Do this test.
>
> 1. Open a command prompt window.
>

> 2. First, change to the same folder (directory) that firefox.exe is in.
>
> CD /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox"
>

> 3. Then, run this command in the command prompt window.
> (Use the correct path to agent.exe on your computer, and put
> the path inside quote marks.)
>
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Agent\agent.exe" -home:MailtoUrlIniFile -url:"mailto:h...@jjjj.con"
>
> This will work correctly, and open a compose window in Agent.
> (If you used the correct path to agent.exe, in quote marks.)
>

> 4. Next, run this command in the command prompt window.
> (Use the correct path to agent.exe on your computer, and put
> the path inside quote marks.)
>
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Agent\agent.exe" mailto:h...@jjjj.com
>
> You will see the same error come up, that you reported above.
>

>I believe Firefox is starting Agent with the command line from #4.
>Firefox should be starting Agent with the command line from #3.

Hi Ralph

Sorry for not getting back to you but been away.

Yes it did you are correct BUT how do I get Firefox to start at #3 and not #4

IS this in the about config file

Regards

Hope

ho...@hope.com

Oct 4, 2016, 3:26:56 PM10/4/16
Hi Ralph

Any Idea how to get Firefox to use #3 ?

Kind regards

Hope

Ralph Fox

Oct 5, 2016, 1:46:02 AM10/5/16

On Sun, 02 Oct 2016 20:02:10 +0100, ho...@hope.com wrote:

> Hi Ralph
>
> Sorry for not getting back to you but been away.
>
> Yes it did you are correct BUT how do I get Firefox to start at #3 and not #4
>
> IS this in the about config file

I can give you a "duct tape" fix now -- see below.

A "proper" fix would need more investigation.

It is not yet clear to me which of these is the case:

(a) Firefox itself is configured with the wrong command line.
or
(b) Firefox is using Windows registry settings, but the Windows
registry settings are configured with the wrong command line.

No, it is not in the about config file.

If it is (a), then it is in the file "mimeTypes.rdf" in Firefox's
profile folder. But you can NOT fix it by putting the correct
command line in "mimeTypes.rdf". The correct command line (#3)
has extra command-line options, and Firefox's "mimeTypes.rdf"
does NOT support extra command-line options. The proper way to
fix it would be to modify "mimeTypes.rdf" to use Windows registry
settings, and then make sure the Windows registry settings have
the correct command line.

If it is (b), then it is in the Windows registry. Where to look
and what to do would depend on your version of Windows.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

DUCT TAPE FIX

i) Create a two-line batch file "mailto_agent.bat" with the
below contents. Use the correct path to agent.exe on
your computer, and include all of the quote marks shown:

mailto_agent.bat file for Agent 4.2 and later.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Agent\agent.exe" -home:MailtoUrlIniFile -url:"%*"
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 PAUSE

mailto_agent.bat file for Agent 1.x - 4.1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Agent\agent.exe" -home:MailIniFile -url:"%*"
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 PAUSE

ii) In Firefox, go to "Tools >> Options >> Applications".
select "mailto" in the left column, and change the
corresponding action in the right column to use
"mailto_agent.bat".

You may need to select "Use Other", click "Browse", and
then find and select "mailto_agent.bat".

iii) In Agent, go to
"Tools >> Options >> URL and MIME Settings >> URL Types"
In the "URL:" drop-down at the top, select
"mailto: Mailto protocol"
While "mailto: Mailto protocol" is selected, make sure that
"Send URL to Agent" is selected. (It should be, but check
and make sure.)

--
Kind regards
Ralph