Registration Patch for Agent v7.0

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 4, 2012, 12:07:34 PM9/4/12

Sorry, no key generator available yet ;-)

Open agent.exe in hex editer.

At hex address 002b8cfb13 change

From: 0xC3CC55
To: 0x0C01C3

Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
strings will also work):

11111111-11111111-11111111

Meow

h...@h-gee.co.uk

Sep 4, 2012, 4:38:52 PM9/4/12
On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:07:34 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
<mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

> Sorry, no key generator available yet ;-)
>
> Open agent.exe in hex editer.
>
> At hex address 002b8cfb13 change
>
> From: 0xC3CC56
> To: 0x0C01C8
>
> Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
> strings will also work):
>
> 11111111-11111111-11111111
>
> Meow

Hugh of Bognor

--
I used to be an Egotistical Megalomaniac - but now I'm just perfect!

Hugh Gundersen
h...@h-gee.co.uk

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK

h...@h-gee.co.uk

Sep 4, 2012, 4:41:54 PM9/4/12
On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:07:34 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
<mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

> Sorry, no key generator available yet ;-)
>
> Open agent.exe in hex editer.
>
> At hex address 002b8cfb13 change
>
> From: 0xC3CC56
> To: 0x0C01C8
>
> Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
> strings will also work):
>
> 11111111-11111111-11111111
>
> Meow

Oh no not again

Hex editing now - I don't think this will actually work as the last hex edit I saw
scrambled the computer the guy tried it on - wasn't AGENT but then I know that a fake
crack for Oxygen Phone Manager screwed about 8,000 NOKIA 6210 phones.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 4, 2012, 7:06:23 PM9/4/12

In article <gnpc48pu4hncgmenb...@4ax.com>
h...@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:07:34 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
> <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
>

> > Sorry, no key generator available yet ;-)
> >
> > Open agent.exe in hex editer.
> >
> > At hex address 002b8cfb13 change
> >
> > From: 0xC3CC56
> > To: 0x0C01C8
> >
> > Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
> > strings will also work):
> >
> > 11111111-11111111-11111111
> >
> > Meow
> >

> Oh no not again
>
> Hex editing now - I don't think this will actually work as the last hex edit I saw
> scrambled the computer the guy tried it on - wasn't AGENT but then I know that a fake
> crack for Oxygen Phone Manager screwed about 8,000 NOKIA 6210 phones.
>
> Hugh of Bognor

There is a very long history of cracking the registration scheme of
Agent via hex edit.

I can assure you this works perfectly. I wouldn't have posted it if it
didn't work.

Feel free to try it if you can handle it. The worst you can do is
mangle your copy of the agent.exe file, but you will have made a backup
copy before starting as anyone who edits binary files like this knows.

Meow

h...@h-gee.co.uk

Sep 5, 2012, 5:56:29 AM9/5/12
On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 01:06:23 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
Why are you doing this?

What has the Agent team done to upset you?

Have you had a bad home life?

or

Are you just a wanker wanting to spoil it for everyone?

People need work. Forte employ people who buy food, cars, clothes etc.

If Forte go out of business then a lot of people will be out of work.

So what is your motive?

JW

Sep 5, 2012, 6:53:20 AM9/5/12
<mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote in Message id:
<7d6555768bcd98a9...@remailer.privacy.at>:

>At hex address 002b8cfb13
^^^^^^^^^^

Almost 700MB. Goodness! I hadn't realized that Agent 7 had become so
bloated!

h...@h-gee.co.uk

Sep 5, 2012, 9:27:31 AM9/5/12
9.41Mb installation file.

17.9Mb installation folder.

Where do you get 700Mb from?

JW

Sep 5, 2012, 9:33:43 AM9/5/12
On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 14:27:31 +0100 h...@h-gee.co.uk wrote in Message id:
<6nke48173mtmn1d5n...@4ax.com>:

>On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 06:53:20 -0400, JW <no...@dev.null> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:07:34 +0200 (CEST) "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
>> <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote in Message id:
>> <7d6555768bcd98a9...@remailer.privacy.at>:
>>
>> >At hex address 002b8cfb13
>> ^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Almost 700MB. Goodness! I hadn't realized that Agent 7 had become so
>> bloated!
>

>9.41Mb installation file.
>
>17.9Mb installation folder.
>
>Where do you get 700Mb from?

From the offset number given above. 2b8cfb13 in hex is 730,659,603 bytes
or just a snot-hair under 700MB.
Message has been deleted

h...@h-gee.co.uk

Sep 5, 2012, 1:34:37 PM9/5/12
So how big is it actually?

Maybe a big number but I cannot find anything that big apart from a DVD set of files.
Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 5, 2012, 4:13:31 PM9/5/12

My bad.

At offset 0x002B8D0E change

From: 0xC3CC55
To: 0x0C01C3

If you would rather locate what to change by searching

Find: 0xE746008BE55DC3CC55
Replace: 0xE746008BE55D0C01C3

Nick Spalding

Sep 5, 2012, 4:22:57 PM9/5/12
h...@h-gee.co.uk wrote, in <q63f48tgk589k63d7...@4ax.com>
on Wed, 05 Sep 2012 18:34:37 +0100:

> On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 09:33:43 -0400, JW <no...@dev.null> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 14:27:31 +0100 h...@h-gee.co.uk wrote in Message id:
> > <6nke48173mtmn1d5n...@4ax.com>:

> > >9.41Mb installation file.
> > >
> > >17.9Mb installation folder.
> > >
> > >Where do you get 700Mb from?
> >
> > From the offset number given above. 2b8cfb13 in hex is 730,659,603 bytes
> > or just a snot-hair under 700MB.
>
> So how big is it actually?
>
> Maybe a big number but I cannot find anything that big apart from a DVD set of files.
> Hugh of Bognor

Sizes according to Hex Workshop
agentenu700-1200.exe: 9,875,256 Dec, 96af30 Hex
agent.exe: 13,044,560 Dec, C70f20 Hex

--
Nick Spalding
IE8, Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 bit, Intel Viiv dual core

h...@h-gee.co.uk

Sep 5, 2012, 5:36:57 PM9/5/12
On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:13:31 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
<mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

> My bad.
>
> At offset 0x002B8D0E change
>
> From: 0xC4CC55
> To: 0x0C02C3
>

> If you would rather locate what to change by searching
>
> Find: 0xE746008BE55DC4CC55
> Replace: 0xE746008BE55D0C02C3
>

> Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
> strings will also work):
>
> 11111111-11111111-11111111
>
> Meow

But still nothing about 700Mb?????
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 9, 2012, 10:20:57 AM9/9/12

In article <9g7p485hfattd721o...@4ax.com>
���� <re...@group.please> wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 14:25:45 +0100, ���� <re...@group.please> wrote:
>
> >I've made the replacement using a text editor, exactly as described,
> >but Agent tells me the registration key is invalid and won't let me
> >register it.
>
> Sussed it. I was altering the wrong string. Thank you!!

You're welcome.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 9, 2012, 10:33:01 AM9/9/12

In article <v26p489ln43pd76f3huj7p32rbjfupp1or@_>
���� <re...@group.please> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:13:31 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer
> I've made the replacement using a text editor, exactly as described,
> but Agent tells me the registration key is invalid and won't let me
> register it.

You need to use a hex editor, not a text editor. Paste a sreenshot of
exactly what you did before and after.

steven...@bigfoot.com

Sep 9, 2012, 10:42:18 AM9/9/12
On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 14:25:45 +0100, ���� <re...@group.please> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:13:31 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer
> (austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
>

> >My bad.
> >
> >At offset 0x002B8D0E change
> >
> >From: 0xC3CC55
> >To: 0x0C02C3
> >

> >If you would rather locate what to change by searching
> >
> >Find: 0xE746008BE55DC3CC55
> >Replace: 0xE746008BE55D0C02C3
> >

> >Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
> >strings will also work):
> >
> >11111111-11111111-11111111
> >
> >Meow
>
> I've made the replacement using a text editor, exactly as described,
> but Agent tells me the registration key is invalid and won't let me
> register it.
ok

h...@h-gee.co.uk

Sep 9, 2012, 10:42:51 AM9/9/12
On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 14:48:39 +0100, ���� <re...@group.please> wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 14:25:45 +0100, ���� <re...@group.please> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:13:31 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer
> >(austria)" <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
> >

> >>My bad.
> >>
> >>At offset 0x002B8D0E change
> >>
> >>From: 0xC3CC55
> >>To: 0x0C02C3
> >>

> >>If you would rather locate what to change by searching
> >>
> >>Find: 0xE746008BE55DC3CC55
> >>Replace: 0xE746008BE55D0C02C3
> >>

> >>Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
> >>strings will also work):
> >>
> >>11111111-11111111-11111111
> >>
> >>Meow
> >
> >I've made the replacement using a text editor, exactly as described,
> >but Agent tells me the registration key is invalid and won't let me
> >register it.
>
> Sussed it. I was altering the wrong string. Thank you!!

oops

steven...@bigfoot.com

Sep 9, 2012, 10:44:15 AM9/9/12
On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:33:01 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
<mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

> In article <v26p489ln43pd76f3huj7p32rbjfupp1or@_>
> 忽帕 <re...@group.please> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:13:31 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer
> > (austria)" <mixmas...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
> >

> > >My bad.
> > >
> > >At offset 0x002B8D0E change
> > >
> > >From: 0xC3CC55
> > >To: 0x0C02C3
> > >

> > >If you would rather locate what to change by searching
> > >
> > >Find: 0xE746008BE55DC3CC55
> > >Replace: 0xE746008BE55D0C02C3
> > >

> > >Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
> > >strings will also work):
> > >
> > >11111111-11111111-11111111
> > >
> > >Meow
> >
> > I've made the replacement using a text editor, exactly as described,
> > but Agent tells me the registration key is invalid and won't let me
> > register it.
>
> You need to use a hex editor, not a text editor. Paste a sreenshot of
> exactly what you did before and after.

still don't work
Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 9, 2012, 10:55:08 AM9/9/12

���� <re...@group.please> wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 14:25:45 +0100, ���� <re...@group.please> wrote:
>
> Sussed it. I was altering the wrong string. Thank you!!

OBTW, if you would like to get rid of or change that

header, that can be removed entirely or replaced with something else.
Just ask for the hex edits and I'll post them.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 9, 2012, 12:03:32 PM9/9/12

In article <lmap48lfu1s10audn...@4ax.com>
h...@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

> oops
> Hugh of Bognor

Well, at least his cell phone and operating system didn't stop working
;-)

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 9, 2012, 12:58:52 PM9/9/12

In article <fvbp489tdg6lfukcp...@4ax.com>
©¿©¬ <re...@group.please> wrote:
> If you look at the headers in my first post you'll find that I removed all
> trace of the newsgroup (Agent 6) by following these instructions (below).
>
> Use hex editor found at
> http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxDhttp://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD
> and modify the string;
>
> original:
> 008b2300h: 25 73 20 25 73 2F 33 32 -->etc ; %s %s/32.1186...
> edit to:
> 008b2300h: 00 00 00 00 00 2F 33 32 -->etc ; ...../32.1186...
>
> To hide that you are using Agent, modify the Message-ID in agent.ini file in Data folder to change
> the 4ax.com by finding msgID=0 and changing the ‘0’ to anything you want.

Yes, this still works. There is a difference between how it works on
Agent 6 vs Agent 7.

On Agent 6, the hex edit causes Agent to send an empty User-Agent
header which the news server ignores and drops from the messages. If
you wanted to send a custom User-Agent: header, you could define it in
Custom Fields within Agent.

On Agent 7, the hex edit still works as above in that it casues Agent
to send an empty User-Agent header. But creating that header in Custom
Fields is ignored. If you want to send a custom User-Agent header, you
need to type it into the executable on the text side of the editer
beginning at 25 73 20. Don't get greedy with the length though. I'm not
sure how far you can go beyond about 0x008B6366.

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 9, 2012, 1:55:16 PM9/9/12

In article <poap489iri8rm2d8g...@4ax.com>
steven...@bigfoot.com wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:33:01 +0200 (CEST), "Anonymous Remailer (austria)"
> <mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
>

> > In article <v26p489ln43pd76f3huj7p32rbjfupp1or@_>
> > ���� <re...@group.please> wrote:
> > > I've made the replacement using a text editor, exactly as described,
> > > but Agent tells me the registration key is invalid and won't let me
> > > register it.
> >
> > You need to use a hex editor, not a text editor. Paste a sreenshot of
> > exactly what you did before and after.
>
> still don't work

You'll need specify exactly what it is you have done.

Just saying it doesn't work only indicates that you are making
mistakes, not what they were.

Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 10, 2012, 7:07:11 PM9/10/12

In article <22qs48lums4sv70ks...@4ax.com>
���� <re...@group.please> wrote:

Snip.....

Looks like you haven't changed that Message-ID format yet, assuming you
don't like @4ax.com. I use

MsgIdRHS=something

in the agent.ini file's [Message] section.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Sep 29, 2012, 8:40:49 PM9/29/12

In article <44ue6818n3pq2snbn03snnfgfk35v3ldup@test>
忽帕 <re...@group.please> wrote:

> I've tried changing them on text side at 0x008B6360, and on the other side
> with zeros, but the user-agent line still remains there. I'm baffled.

Starting at offset 0x8B6350 on the text side start overwriting
%s/%s.32.1200...7.00.... with whatever you want to appear in the User-
Agent: header. If you don't want a User-Agent header at all, overwrite
%s/%s.32.1200 on the hex side with zeros.

Message has been deleted

JoeMo

May 17, 2013, 6:33:11 PM5/17/13
TE

alvmost...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2013, 8:33:06 AM10/20/13
Il giorno martedì 4 settembre 2012 18:07:36 UTC+2, Anonymous Remailer (austria) ha scritto:
> Sorry, no key generator available yet ;-)
>

> Open agent.exe in hex editer.
>

> At hex address 002b8cfb13 change
>

> From: 0xC3CC55
>
> To: 0x0C01C3
>

> Start program and enter this for the registration key (other similar
>
> strings will also work):
>

> 11111111-11111111-11111111
>

> Meow

Is it workong also with Agent 7.2?
Message has been deleted

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Oct 23, 2013, 1:53:53 PM10/23/13

In article <2eb216b1-aa26-4707...@googlegroups.com>
alvmost...@gmail.com wrote:

> Is it workong also with Agent 7.2?

In a word no.

The longer answer is that hex edit patches aimed at specific offsets
within a program file of one version will not work on later versions of
the program because, at a minumum, the offsets would be different even
if the actual data needed patching was the same. Additionally, it's not
a simple matter of finding the data to change by searching, as that
data appears many times in the file, but only needs changing at a
specific unknown location.

The only "version proof" crack is a registration key, assuming the
keying scheme is not changed going forward (as is often the case) and
that the specific key has not been disabled within the program (as is
also often the case).