X-Files creator Chris Carter expects series to return to Vancouver

Cyber kNight

Oct 12, 2016, 4:47:29 PM10/12/16
Production of The X-Files, one of the most notable TV series
ever shot in British Columbia, will resume in Vancouver next
spring, according to series creator Chris Carter.

The series' return comes after a revival run of six new
episodes produced in B.C. last year, which aired in early
2016.

While there has been speculation that The X-Files would
continue following its recent rebirth, Carter offered a
timetable in an interview with The Globe and Mail this
week.

"I imagine we would be up there shooting in the spring of
2017," said Carter, who will, this week, be in Vancouver to
receive an Industry Builder Award from the Vancouver
International Film Festival for his efforts to ensure that
production on the recent round of episodes was
environmentally sustainable.

He said he expects to do "a small expansion" on the number
of episodes in this latest continuation of the milestone
show.

His comments came after he confirmed that talks are
well-advanced with key players in the series, which pitted
FBI agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully
(Gillian Anderson) against paranormal creatures and
conspiracies.

"They are constructive negotiations so I can't imagine [The
X-Files] wouldn't come back," Carter said.

A spokesperson for Carter later noted that talks are under
way with Duchovny and Anderson to reprise their roles in the
new episodes.

Read more:
http://www.megalextoria.com/wordpress/index.php/2016/10/12/x

--