David Duchovny says new 'X-Files' script brought him to tears, Open to 2nd season

Cyber kNight

May 27, 2015, 5:33:13 PM5/27/15
David Duchovny cried tears of joy over the first script of
Fox's upcoming revival of "The X-Files."

"I just read it about an hour ago and I started crying
reading the first page," the actor told EW.

He explained, "It was just so strange to see the names on
the page. It had nothing to do with the script itself. It
was just like, I'd been talking about this for a long time.
We'd been planning it for a long time. It took a long time
to get all the people in the same place and get the deal
with Fox. So let's say two years we've been talking about
doing it. Now it's the fun part. Now we actually get to do
it. That was nice and strangely emotional for me, and I'll
have to figure out how to use that [in the performance]."

Although story lines are being held very secret, Duchovny
did say the first script is "fantastic."

Starting production in June, "The X-Files" revival has
creator and writer Chris Carter back at the helm. Duchovny
and Gillian Anderson reunite in the roles of FBI agents Fox
Mulder and Dana Scully, respectively.

Duchovny also confirmed what Fox co-head Dana Walden told
reporters earlier this month about the mix of standalone and
mythology episodes for the revival.

"Even though there's only six [episodes], there will be a
mix," he said. "It's not really 'The X-Files' without the
mythology."

The actor says the series doesn't end with the upcoming
season. In fact, he would be down for another.

"I would be open to doing another cycle," Duchovny said. "I
don't know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show
at this point in my life, and I don't know that Gillian
could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens
after this. Certainly, we didn't bring it back with the idea
of ending it."

"The X-Files returns to Fox with a two-night event starting
Sunday, Jan. 24 at 10 p.m. following the NFC Championship
Game and then continues on Monday, Jan. 25 at 10 p.m. After
that, it will air on Mondays for the duration of the
season.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-x-files-david-duchovny-interview-2015-5
--
http://www.megalextoria.com:1975

--
--> http://www.megalextoria.com/forum2 <--

Avon

May 28, 2015, 9:20:14 PM5/28/15

On 05/27/15, Cyber kNight pondered and said...

Ck> From: darth_...@nospam.yahoo.com
Ck>
Ck> David Duchovny cried tears of joy over the first script of
Ck> Fox's upcoming revival of "The X-Files."
Ck>
Ck> "I just read it about an hour ago and I started crying
Ck> reading the first page," the actor told EW.

Thanks for posting this :)

--
Agency BBS, New Zealand | bbs.geek.nz | telnet: agency.bbs.geek.nz:23