SKippers taking over the 'Ship?(aka ATXF survey!!)

PonyJumpin

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99
I didn't even know the SKipper world existed..oh a month or so ago. But lately
I've been seeing them pop up everywhere, esp in this ATXF poll thread. Did
shipppers become discusted with Mulder's behavior in 2F/1S and was it THAT
which made them switch to the dark side (the dark side isn't as dark as you
think)? Is it the recent flood of SKipper fanfic that I've been reading over at
ATXC? I mean considering Scully and Krycek has had all of 2 minutes of screen
time together there has to be something besides 'chemistry' we're talking about
here. Just curious about your thoughts.

-Carly
Noromo w/ SKipper tendencies

-Carly
<SCULLY><
"The answer to the Ultimate Question...of Life, the Universe, and
everything...is...42."-- Deep Thought (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

philboyd

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99
On 23 Mar 1999 04:09:38 GMT, ponyj...@aol.comnospam (PonyJumpin) wrote:

>I didn't even know the SKipper world existed..oh a month or so ago. But lately
>I've been seeing them pop up everywhere, esp in this ATXF poll thread. Did
>shipppers become discusted with Mulder's behavior in 2F/1S and was it THAT
>which made them switch to the dark side

Hey, *slashers* have claimed the rights as the dark side. ;-)

If it's because of 2F/1S, I'm *really* lost... do they think Mulder's not
worthy of Scully but Krycek is?

>(the dark side isn't as dark as you
>think)? Is it the recent flood of SKipper fanfic that I've been reading over
>at ATXC? I mean considering Scully and Krycek has had all of 2 minutes of
>screen time together there has to be something besides 'chemistry' we're
>talking about here. Just curious about your thoughts.

Personally, I don't get it because of that lack of connection, they seem oddly
indifferent to each other. (I have a really hard time believing Krycek is
interested in Scully.) I think it's just the more people see of Krycek the
more they realize the glory that is the Rat <g> and want to write about him
with the character of their choice, which happens to be Scully for a lot of
women. And now there's a list that encourages it.

Beth
--
"To look into my face is to look into the face...of EVIL! Yes, I am a
man possessed by many demons. Polite demons that would open the door

Jasmin

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99
philboyd wrote:

> On 23 Mar 1999 04:09:38 GMT, ponyj...@aol.comnospam (PonyJumpin) wrote:
>
> >I didn't even know the SKipper world existed..oh a month or so ago. But lately
> >I've been seeing them pop up everywhere, esp in this ATXF poll thread.

You bet we're taking over! We SKippers skipped the Shipper ship. No
we're planning to rule the world! <EVIL LAUGH>

> Hey, *slashers* have claimed the rights as the dark side. ;-)

And we have no problems with that. We like slashers. Well, I do
anyway.

> If it's because of 2F/1S, I'm *really* lost... do they think Mulder's not
> worthy of Scully but Krycek is?

A little, but not much. Personally, my shipper heart has been tortured
enough and I needed something else. There was absoultely NO WAY I was
going to be full time Slasher, coz I like to live in hope that Krycek
would fall madly in love with me, which would be impossible if he were
gay (bisexual, yes, gay, emphatically NO!). Me? delusional? For the
love of God, I'm a SKipper, you don't have to tell me I'm delusional.

> >(the dark side isn't as dark as you
> >think)? Is it the recent flood of SKipper fanfic that I've been reading over
> >at ATXC? I mean considering Scully and Krycek has had all of 2 minutes of
> >screen time together there has to be something besides 'chemistry' we're
> >talking about here. Just curious about your thoughts.

Listen, if shippers can read UST with the words "I'm fine", and the
Slashers read UST between M&K by the Judas peck on the cheek, then we
SKippers can read UST in 2 minutes of air time between S&K over the past
five years. It's as plausible as Slash. Anyway, hey, she SHOT her
BESTFRIEND and PARTNER to save Krycek. That says something. I don't
know what exactly, but I'm sure it says something.

> Personally, I don't get it because of that lack of connection, they seem oddly
> indifferent to each other. (I have a really hard time believing Krycek is
> interested in Scully.)

<rolls her eyes>
Silly, that's because they are trying to hide their feelings. Geez,
they had to at least be professional when they first met. She was in
awe of Krycek at first and that's why she barely spoke to him. AND,
Scully didn't want to shake his hand because she knew that her knees
would turn to jelly and her brain to mush. Couldn't do that! <G>
As for Krycek, well, he was soooo eager to touch her that he offered her
his hand. Sure, it back fired, but as I said before, she'd fall apart
if he did. Oh, he wants her alright.

And, when he started working for the consortium, notice how Krycek NEVER
involves Scully if he can help it (no, don't start with her abduction
thing, I refuse to believe he had part in it; or killing Melissa, or
that he was going to kill Scully - I think he there to make sure
Cardinale didn't shoot Scully). Mulder on the other hand always gets
her in trouble of some sort. Krycek tries to keep her away that's why
they haven't had much interaction on screen. MmmHmmm....think about
it...

Jasmin (delusion is a wonderful thing, you should embrace it!)
GO SKIPPERS!

philboyd

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99
In article <36F7F3...@q-net.net.au>,
Jasmin <ngu...@q-net.net.au> wrote:

> <rolls her eyes>
> Silly, that's because they are trying to hide their feelings. Geez,
> they had to at least be professional when they first met. She was in
> awe of Krycek at first and that's why she barely spoke to him. AND,
> Scully didn't want to shake his hand because she knew that her knees
> would turn to jelly and her brain to mush. Couldn't do that! <G>
> As for Krycek, well, he was soooo eager to touch her that he offered her
> his hand. Sure, it back fired, but as I said before, she'd fall apart
> if he did. Oh, he wants her alright.
>
> And, when he started working for the consortium, notice how Krycek NEVER
> involves Scully if he can help it (no, don't start with her abduction
> thing, I refuse to believe he had part in it; or killing Melissa, or
> that he was going to kill Scully - I think he there to make sure
> Cardinale didn't shoot Scully). Mulder on the other hand always gets
> her in trouble of some sort. Krycek tries to keep her away that's why
> they haven't had much interaction on screen. MmmHmmm....think about
> it...

LOL! Well you've certainly worked this out. <g>

> Jasmin (delusion is a wonderful thing, you should embrace it!)
> GO SKIPPERS!

I did like Arlington's SKipper stories and "Deny Nothing." But mostly, I'm
too convinced Krycek is in love with Mulder.

Beth, comfy in her own delusions :-)

Jewlz!

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99

Jasmin wrote in message:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

><rolls her eyes>
>Silly, that's because they are trying to hide their feelings. Geez,
>they had to at least be professional when they first met. She was in
>awe of Krycek at first and that's why she barely spoke to him. AND,
>Scully didn't want to shake his hand because she knew that her knees
>would turn to jelly and her brain to mush. Couldn't do that! <G>
>As for Krycek, well, he was soooo eager to touch her that he offered her
>his hand. Sure, it back fired, but as I said before, she'd fall apart
>if he did. Oh, he wants her alright.
>
>And, when he started working for the consortium, notice how Krycek NEVER
>involves Scully if he can help it (no, don't start with her abduction
>thing, I refuse to believe he had part in it; or killing Melissa, or
>that he was going to kill Scully - I think he there to make sure
>Cardinale didn't shoot Scully). Mulder on the other hand always gets
>her in trouble of some sort. Krycek tries to keep her away that's why
>they haven't had much interaction on screen. MmmHmmm....think about
>it...
>

>Jasmin (delusion is a wonderful thing, you should embrace it!)
>GO SKIPPERS!

WOW!! My eyes have been opened!!
--
Jewlz! *who is seriously thinking of jumping from the SHIP to the SKIP*
"Stand back, or make yourself useful, but stay out of my way."

MizzouG

Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99
Another stupid question: While I know what a shipper is, why the word
"shipper?"
And go on and explain "skipper" while your on a roll. Thanks.
Miz

Jasmin Nguyen

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

philboyd wrote:

> In article <36F7F3...@q-net.net.au>,
> Jasmin <ngu...@q-net.net.au> wrote:
>

> > <rolls her eyes>
> > Silly, that's because they are trying to hide their feelings. Geez,
> > they had to at least be professional when they first met. She was in
> > awe of Krycek at first and that's why she barely spoke to him. AND,
> > Scully didn't want to shake his hand because she knew that her knees
> > would turn to jelly and her brain to mush. Couldn't do that! <G>
> > As for Krycek, well, he was soooo eager to touch her that he offered her
> > his hand. Sure, it back fired, but as I said before, she'd fall apart
> > if he did. Oh, he wants her alright.
> >
> > And, when he started working for the consortium, notice how Krycek NEVER
> > involves Scully if he can help it (no, don't start with her abduction
> > thing, I refuse to believe he had part in it; or killing Melissa, or
> > that he was going to kill Scully - I think he there to make sure
> > Cardinale didn't shoot Scully). Mulder on the other hand always gets
> > her in trouble of some sort. Krycek tries to keep her away that's why
> > they haven't had much interaction on screen. MmmHmmm....think about
> > it...
>

> LOL! Well you've certainly worked this out. <g>
>

> > Jasmin (delusion is a wonderful thing, you should embrace it!)
> > GO SKIPPERS!
>

> I did like Arlington's SKipper stories and "Deny Nothing." But mostly, I'm
> too convinced Krycek is in love with Mulder.
>
> Beth, comfy in her own delusions :-)

You can stick to your delusion. I will stick to mine. OR we can SHARE a
delusion. Go read "3's A Charm" by Sage...I can't remember the second name.
There we have a NICE threesome.

Jasmin

Jasmin Nguyen

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

MizzouG wrote:

Well now, shipper is short for relationshipper, as in a relationship
between Mulder and Scully. They believe that Mulder and Scully love
each
other and or belong together. A SKipper is a relationshipper who
believes
that Scully and Krycek belong together, hence the SK in SKipper. While
I'm on a roll, let me tell you about Skinnipers, who believe that Scully
and Skinner belong together. Then there are Slashers. They believe in
mm
or ff relationships. I don't know why slashers don't have any ipper
added
to their name coz they belileve in relationships too. Anyone??

Jasmin

Jasmin Nguyen

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

Jewlz! wrote:

> WOW!! My eyes have been opened!!
> --
> Jewlz! *who is seriously thinking of jumping from the SHIP to the SKIP*

Thank-you, thank-you. My job is done.
<takes another bow>
Thank-you. So, are you willing to join in my delusion Jewlz?

Jasmin

Jewlz!

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

Jasmin Nguyen wrote in message
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Then there are Slashers.

They believe in
>mm
>or ff relationships. I don't know why slashers don't have any ipper
>added
>to their name coz they belileve in relationships too. Anyone??
>
>Jasmin

Hey, they could change their name to "Slippers"

Get it?? slippers??

:O)~~~~

>--
Jewlz!

Terri

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

Jewlz! wrote in message <7ytK2.102$5I1....@ralph.vnet.net>...

>Jasmin Nguyen wrote in message
>:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Then there are Slashers.
>They believe in
>>mm
>>or ff relationships. I don't know why slashers don't have any ipper
>>added
>>to their name coz they belileve in relationships too. Anyone??
>
>Hey, they could change their name to "Slippers"
>
>Get it?? slippers??

Hmmm.....

You could be a Mulder/Skinner or Mulder/Krycek or Skinner/Krycek
shipper....then you'd be a....

Slashipper.

--
Sister Terri,
Xena-lovin', X-Files-addicted, lesbo-feminist-tree-hugging-dyke-bitch.

Email is really xfa...@mwonline.net (harassing email will be posted).
ICQ # 11662885
xfanstwo on AOL Instant Messenger

Come join the club for Lesbian Country Music Fans!
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/lesbiancountrymusicfans

Jasmin

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
Jewlz! wrote:

> Jasmin Nguyen wrote in message
> :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Then there are Slashers.
> They believe in
> >mm
> >or ff relationships. I don't know why slashers don't have any ipper
> >added
> >to their name coz they belileve in relationships too. Anyone??
> >
> >Jasmin

> Hey, they could change their name to "Slippers"
>
> Get it?? slippers??
>
> :O)~~~~

LOL! That's terrible! I don't know why I'm still laughing, I just
can't help it. That's it, I need a show of hands for a change a change
of names from Slashers to Slippers.

Jasmin (still shaking her head in disbelief at Jewlz' suggestion)

JazzieBee

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
Terri wrote:

> Jewlz! wrote in message <7ytK2.102$5I1....@ralph.vnet.net>...
> >
> Hmmm.....
>
> You could be a Mulder/Skinner or Mulder/Krycek or Skinner/Krycek
> shipper....then you'd be a....
>
> Slashipper.

Well, you've got me there. Wait, let me think about it for a second...

OK, Mulder/Skinner = SkiMulder Slashipper
Mulder/Krycek = Mulcek? Muldcek? Slashipper (#2 sounds ewwwwww)
Skinner/Krycek = Skicek? Skincek? Slashipper (#2, another ewwwww)
Mulder/OtherMale = I refuse to use either MULOther or MOther...ewww!
Krycek/OtherMale = KryOther Slashipper
Skinner/OtherMale = SkOther Slashipper
Scully/OtherFemale = Scully Slashipper (this one is too easy!)

If anyone can think of any other names to call this, feel free,
especially Mulder/Other.

Jasmin

Jooky313

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
> Mulder/Other.

Muld*O*?

Douglas Hathaway

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, philboyd wrote:

> Personally, I don't get it because of that lack of connection, they seem oddly
> indifferent to each other. (I have a really hard time believing Krycek is

> interested in Scully.) I think it's just the more people see of Krycek the
> more they realize the glory that is the Rat <g> and want to write about him
> with the character of their choice, which happens to be Scully for a lot of
> women. And now there's a list that encourages it.

As characters in the show, I find it hard to visualize them
together. But I like to imagine a parallel universe of the XF animals
(Mulder the Fox, Scully the Squirrel, Krycek the Rat, Spender the
Ferret...). There, I can see Scully and Krycek having something in
common, namely, they are rodents trying to maintain their dignity and
their pelts in a world dominated by carnivores. He lives underground,
while she lives in trees. And he's nocturnal, she's diurnal. But both
can appreciate the pleasure of gnawing on a chair leg.

--Doug

JazzieBee

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
Douglas Hathaway wrote:

> As characters in the show, I find it hard to visualize them
> together. But I like to imagine a parallel universe of the XF animals
> (Mulder the Fox, Scully the Squirrel, Krycek the Rat, Spender the
> Ferret...). There, I can see Scully and Krycek having something in
> common, namely, they are rodents trying to maintain their dignity and
> their pelts in a world dominated by carnivores. He lives underground,
> while she lives in trees. And he's nocturnal, she's diurnal. But both
> can appreciate the pleasure of gnawing on a chair leg.
>
> --Doug

Thanks Doug, I'll keep that in mind the next time I feel my faith as a
SKipper starts waiver. Let me just go and post that on all the SKipper
pages as part of the "rationalisation" behind the Scully/Krycek love
affair. I think we have a winner here!

LOL! I've got to love YOUR rationalisation.

Jasmin

Sharon Brearey

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
MOthers?

---
Sharon B. in Philly

Jooky313 wrote:

> > Mulder/Other.
>
> Muld*O*?

Laura Katt

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
I will never go to the dark side! The dark side are the Slashers. Uh,
Krycek and Scully? Gee, if some say Mulder and Scully will never be
together, how can they say that Scully and Krycek will be together when
Scully sees practically zippo (Hey, what kinda lighter does CSM use?) of
Krycek and doesn't seem interested in him in the first place?! Unless
Mr. Chris Carter is pulling a very dirty trick on us and Scully is
having an affair with Krycek...Oh God, no! Banish the thought from your
head! And why was I thinking SKippers were Scully/Skinner shippers?
Now, that idea is nasty! Eew. Lessee. CSM's main squeeze is DIEana
Fowley, heeheehee. That's a nasty thought, but hey, ya never know.
They ought to have a duel between Sir Skinner, Sir Krycek, and Sir
Mulder for the hand of Lady Scully, but Mulder would probably get his
ass kicked, so I retract the statement.

~~Jessica,ShipperQueen~~
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Forever Loyal to Brimstone, MST3K, and X-Files.

Zeke: "You want any? Oh, yeah, you're watching your figure."

Max:"Unless you wanna watch it for me."
Mulder: "Ground's dry about an inch down. This was laid recently."
Tom Servo:(as Mulder) "Unlike me."
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

philboyd

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
In article <36FA3BFD...@q-net.net.au>,
Jasmin Nguyen <ngu...@q-net.net.au> wrote:

> philboyd wrote:

> > I did like Arlington's SKipper stories and "Deny Nothing." But mostly, I'm
> > too convinced Krycek is in love with Mulder.
> >
> > Beth, comfy in her own delusions :-)
>
> You can stick to your delusion. I will stick to mine. OR we can SHARE a
> delusion. Go read "3's A Charm" by Sage...I can't remember the second name.
> There we have a NICE threesome.

Heh, I know Sage and I've already promised I'd tell her what I thought of that
one. Sharing delusions sounds like a plan. <g>

Beth, heading off to read it right now

philboyd

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
In article
<Pine.A41.4.10.990325...@dante20.u.washington.edu>, Douglas
Hathaway <dou...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> As characters in the show, I find it hard to visualize them
> together. But I like to imagine a parallel universe of the XF animals
> (Mulder the Fox, Scully the Squirrel, Krycek the Rat, Spender the
> Ferret...). There, I can see Scully and Krycek having something in
> common, namely, they are rodents trying to maintain their dignity and
> their pelts in a world dominated by carnivores. He lives underground,
> while she lives in trees. And he's nocturnal, she's diurnal. But both
> can appreciate the pleasure of gnawing on a chair leg.

ROFL! A SKipper story from the Wind in the Hoover Building universe sounds
good. In fact *any* more stories from that universe would be wonderful.
Hint, hint, hint. <g>

Beth

JazzieBee

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
Laura Katt wrote:

> Krycek and Scully? Gee, if some say Mulder and Scully will never be
> together, how can they say that Scully and Krycek will be together when
> Scully sees practically zippo (Hey, what kinda lighter does CSM use?) of
> Krycek and doesn't seem interested in him in the first place?!

Did you NOT read my little explanation regarding this topic???

> They ought to have a duel between Sir Skinner, Sir Krycek, and Sir
> Mulder for the hand of Lady Scully, but Mulder would probably get his
> ass kicked, so I retract the statement.

Yes he would get his ass kicked. Why even bother then? Just give
Scully to Krycek, you know she wants to be with him anyway!

Jasmin

Sue Powers

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

>Personally, I don't get it because of that lack of connection, they seem
oddly
>indifferent to each other. (I have a really hard time believing Krycek is
>interested in Scully.)

I think Krycek has more chemistry with the una blonder. Glad to see she
made it. Although ultimately I think Krycek's perfect partner is a mirror!
Let's face it, the guy's in it for himself & his own personal gain. (OK,
Krycekians, bring it on!)

Sue

JazzieBee

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99
Sue Powers wrote:

> I think Krycek has more chemistry with the una blonder.

Sure, as a substitute for Scully! For the love of God, he kissed
Mulder...a step closer to Scully...ahhhh. Notice the pattern?

> Although ultimately I think Krycek's perfect partner is a mirror!
> Let's face it, the guy's in it for himself & his own personal gain. (OK,
> Krycekians, bring it on!)

Well, what can I say? Is there really anyone more beautiful than Krycek
himself? See, this brings me back to Scully, who is also beautiful.
Perfect match. Uh-huh.

Jasmin